BEWARE E2Save

Old September 18th 04, 05:00 PM
Strike3

Default BEWARE E2Save

Ordered 2 phones from E2save with seemingly no hassle.
Then get a letter from Talk Talk (who are also part of CPW) welcoming
me to their service, then a letter from an inurance company for a
policy on one of the phones I never requested.(one of the phones had 3
months free insurance as part of the deal.- that was OK)

Sent an email of to their cust sevices and got nowhere.
Sent an email of to their directors. Their assisant replied and
promised much and delivered zero.

I resent very much they can use your details (more particulrly bank
details) to seemingly sign you up for anything they want (and you
didnt).

Just a big warning for any future Customers.
You never know what direct debits you will get signed up for.

Regards
Dave M
Old September 18th 04, 05:29 PM
AMO

"Strike3" wrote in message
Ordered 2 phones from E2save with seemingly no hassle.
Then get a letter from Talk Talk (who are also part of CPW) welcoming
me to their service, then a letter from an inurance company for a
policy on one of the phones I never requested.(one of the phones had 3
months free insurance as part of the deal.- that was OK)

Sent an email of to their cust sevices and got nowhere.
Sent an email of to their directors. Their assisant replied and
promised much and delivered zero.

I resent very much they can use your details (more particulrly bank
details) to seemingly sign you up for anything they want (and you
didnt).

Just a big warning for any future Customers.
You never know what direct debits you will get signed up for.

Regards
Dave M

Doesn't sound good.

Dialaphone also had some bad practices once. Basically, when you ring up to
buy one of their phones, they asked if you would like cheaper calls. If you
said 'Yes' then this automatically signed you up for some company (I think
it was HomeCall, but I can't be sure). They wouldn't tell you were doing
this though. I guess their Sales reps get commision or something. If you
then rang up annoyed, they will inform you that there was something wrong
with their system which automatically signed you on to the service.

Your unwanted insurance policy can be cancelled by cancelling the direct
debit.

AMO

Old September 18th 04, 07:18 PM
Stuart

"AMO" wrote in message
"Strike3" wrote in message
Ordered 2 phones from E2save with seemingly no hassle.
Then get a letter from Talk Talk (who are also part of CPW) welcoming
me to their service, then a letter from an inurance company for a
policy on one of the phones I never requested.(one of the phones had 3
months free insurance as part of the deal.- that was OK)

Don't you wonder why E2Save are so cheap? They use a traditional method of
using a loss leader to make money through the inertial sell of associated
products.

You can, as I did, ring up the insurance company and cancel (and got a
written confirmation). Maybe that means I got my phone at cost or less. This
bargain opportunity is dependent on some people not cancelling.

Now I don't think selling this way is ethical. But who am I to complain when
I'm probably benefitting from it?

When it comes to bargain hunting. If it looks too good to be true it
probably isn't. If, as with E2Save, you can see the business model that
makes them a profit - and you can avoid contributing to that simply by
cancelling the options - then there is no harm done to you.

--
Stuart

Autumn Sale - register BIZ domains for $4.95
http://www.bizzy.net/

Newbie question re t610 e2save offer Sazzy Lou UK mobile telecoms 1 August 27th 04 09:52 AM
Beware Nokia Shop John Jordan Nokia 9 August 19th 04 04:38 PM
Beware 02 theives Andrew UK mobile telecoms 8 January 27th 04 07:28 PM
E2Save Silence... Tom Wright UK mobile telecoms 3 January 23rd 04 05:27 PM