How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?

Old December 31st 15, 10:27 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]

Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?

dongtrien wrote:

I do not know why when I type the left arrow "" and the right arrow ""
This page is not displayed.

I do not follow your meaning. I do not understand.

case 2: messages of more than 160 characters
when I send a message more than 160 characters, I've split the message
into multiple messages children, each message children smaller than or
equal to 160 characters before sending, the receiving device know how
that "message is concatenated" ?, in HyperTerminal you can perform at
command syntax to send messages longer than 160 characters like ?

What is the problem here? If the total message text length is 100
characters, and you are splitting it into two messages, does the receiving
device receive both messages OK?

Is the problem just that you want the receiving device to automatically join
the two messages back into a single message?

case 3:
AT+CSMP?
+CSMP: 17,167,0,0
OK

I'll work through those four values.

Your PDU-type octet is set to 17 decimal. That's 11 hex, and 00010001
binary. This is normal for an ordinary SMS with no User Data Header.

Your Validity Period is set to 167 decimal That's A7 hex and means 24
hours.

If the message centre which accepts your messages for delivery is unable to
deliver those messages within 24 hours, they will be deleted and no further
delivery attempts will be made.

You might want to increase that value. Or even reduce it.

Your PID (Protocol ID) is zero. This is a normal value for an SMS to be
sent.

Finally, your DCS (Data Coding Scheme) value is also zero. This means that
you'll be using the SMS 7-bit default alphabet. So if you use

AT+CSCS="HEX"

your hex data will be converted by the sending device into SMS 7-bit
characters before sending.

This is clearly not what you want. You want to send 16-bit unicode
characters.

So before you send the message, set your DCS to 8 (eight). Issue the
command:

AT+CSMP=17,167,0,8

If you want to increase the Validity Period from 24 hours to 7 days, use:

AT+CSMP=17,173,0,8

instead.

Don't forget to change the DCS back to zero before you try to send a 7-bit
message again.

John

I do not know DCS and DCS values I set correctly for 16-bit characters
like ? How i must set the PDU-type UDHI bit octet ? you can perform
syntax at via HyperTerminal ?

This site does not support the strange (wild) characters and other
features should I attach files this content
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0e3mco.../case2and3.txt

Old December 31st 15, 11:57 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]

dongtrien wrote:

case 3:
I did not send the message unicode characters when after receiving a
message full of wild characters:

Code:
--------------------

0 Message3 less than or equal 70 // the string less than or equal 70
characters

AT
OK

AT + CMGF = 1
OK

AT + CSCS = "Hex"
OK

AT + CMGS = "0196704xxxx"
* MessageUnicode = (Hex)Message3 + (control + z)

--------------------

On further reading,

AT+CSCS="HEX"

might not work for 16-bit. If your device supports it,

AT+CSCS="UCS2"

might be required instead.

The DCS value should still be 8.

You can list your supported values with:

AT+CSCS=?

John
Old January 4th 16, 03:30 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_32_]

-
What is the problem here? If the total message text length is 100
characters, and you are splitting it into two messages, does the
receiving
device receive both messages OK?

Is the problem just that you want the receiving device to automatically
join
the two messages back into a single message?

---------------------

I divide the message into several messages while the total length
greater than 160 characters, suppose I have a message 195 characters I
spent a 2 message, the first message 160 characters 2nd message with 35
characters remaining, sending just first message is received not
received 2nd message I do not know why ?

According to your instructions above, I sent a message unicode Okay, the
reason is I do not know the declaration, now I've got it

Now I figure one another questions you can answer to help me? as I know
there are two ways to send messages unicode, 1 you have guided me then,
and a 2 code at the bottom, I do not see the recipient's phone and do
not understand AT + CMGS = 34 it to do what? if I send this form AT +
CSCS declaration = "HEX" or AT + CSCS = "UCS2" ?

Code:
--------------------

AT+CMGF=0
OK
AT+CMGS=34
0011000B912309157821xxx0008AA1400680065006C006C006 F00680065006C006C006F

--------------------

--
dongtrien
Old January 4th 16, 08:05 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]

dongtrien wrote:

I divide the message into several messages while the total length
greater than 160 characters, suppose I have a message 195 characters I
spent a 2 message, the first message 160 characters 2nd message with 35
characters remaining, sending just first message is received not
received 2nd message I do not know why ?

When you send a message using AT commands, you are given a message reference
number for each message sent. Like:

+CMGS: 23

Did you get two message reference numbers? One for each message?

These numbers tell you that the message has been sent successfully.

According to your instructions above, I sent a message unicode Okay, the
reason is I do not know the declaration, now I've got it

Now I figure one another questions you can answer to help me? as I know
there are two ways to send messages unicode, 1 you have guided me then,
and a 2 code at the bottom, I do not see the recipient's phone and do
not understand AT + CMGS = 34 it to do what? if I send this form AT +
CSCS declaration = "HEX" or AT + CSCS = "UCS2" ?

Code:
--------------------

AT+CMGF=0
OK
AT+CMGS=34
0011000B912309157821xxx0008AA1400680065006C006C006 F00680065006C006C006F

The AT+CMGF=0 command puts the device into PDU-mode, not text-mode.

In PDU-mode the "34" argument for the send command is the number of octets
in the PDU. This is the number of octets without the SMSC (message centre)
information. In the case of your message, the first byte "00" is the SMSC
information. So the count doesn't include this.

Your PDU has a PDU-type of 11 hex. It's addressed to +3290518712xxx (but a
fill digit "F" is also missing).

PID is 00. DCS is 08. Validity period AA means 4 days.

There are 14 hex (20 decimal) octets of user data:

00680065006C006C006F00680065006C006C006F

It's 16-bit data, so the octets are decoded in pairs:

0068 h
0065 e
006C l
006C i