A cellular and mobile phone forum. CellBanter

Go Back   Home » CellBanter forum » General cell phone forums » GSM
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old November 17th 15, 03:27 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_14_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?


'John Henderson[_2_ Wrote:
;511541']dongtrien wrote:
-
recievedData = ExecCommand(port, "at+stgr=6,1,1", 300, "Failed to SIM
Toolkit Give Response.");-
-
the variable recievedData is not get +STIN:9 and output: No success
message was received.-

In what units is the timeout paramater of 300?

Are you giving the device enough time to respond?

John


you're right, not enough time to run, according to your time for this
case how much ? and the calculation of time so that the most appropriate
?




--
dongtrien
Ads
  #12  
Old November 17th 15, 07:42 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?

dongtrien wrote:

you're right, not enough time to run, according to your time for

this
case how much ? and the calculation of time so that the most

appropriate

You'll need to experiment. Perhaps time it when you run it through
HyperTerminal. Run it a few times, and double the longest time.

That's what I'd do, and think about decreasing or increasing the
time later with more experience.

John
  #13  
Old November 18th 15, 04:39 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_15_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?


'John Henderson[_2_ Wrote:
;511549']dongtrien wrote:
-
you're right, not enough time to run, according to your time for -
this-
case how much ? and the calculation of time so that the most -
appropriate

You'll need to experiment. Perhaps time it when you run it through
HyperTerminal. Run it a few times, and double the longest time.

That's what I'd do, and think about decreasing or increasing the
time later with more experience.

John



I think to have one certain way for rational calculation, if farming
experience unreasonable because I think when I programmed the computer
to run more, which means that it runs on all computers with the lowest
configuration or maximum




--
dongtrien
  #14  
Old November 18th 15, 06:48 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?

dongtrien wrote:

I think to have one certain way for rational calculation, if farming
experience unreasonable because I think when I programmed the computer
to run more, which means that it runs on all computers with the lowest
configuration or maximum


If you're concerned about waiting too long for a response, then you could
pass another parameter along with the timeout time.

Pass a string argument containing some text which lets the reading routine
return earlier than the timeout time permits (return instead when the string
is found).

For many AT commands, this could be the string "\r\nOK\r\n".

In the special case we're considering, look for the string "+STIN:" and
return when it's found. Then you can make the timeout value large, without
ever having to wait for it to expire.

John
  #15  
Old November 20th 15, 04:50 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_16_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?


thank you for pointing help, I had a problem anymore, after registering
successfully sim, group of AT command to get the information of sim and
the serial number has been registered successfully obtain such
information chain posted successful sign ? eg:

'128 12/11/11,15:19:16+28 You signed up for the subscription number
019861xxxx success. Trading code 0123xxxxx




--
dongtrien
  #16  
Old November 20th 15, 07:25 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?

dongtrien wrote:

thank you for pointing help, I had a problem anymore, after registering
successfully sim, group of AT command to get the information of sim and
the serial number has been registered successfully obtain such
information chain posted successful sign ? eg:

'128 12/11/11,15:19:16+28 You signed up for the subscription

number
019861xxxx success. Trading code 0123xxxxx


I'm sorry, but I do not understand what it is you are saying.

If it is important, or you have further questions, please try again.

John
  #17  
Old November 21st 15, 02:40 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_17_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?


'John Henderson[_2_ Wrote:
;511557']dongtrien wrote:
-
thank you for pointing help, I had a problem anymore, after
registering
successfully sim, group of AT command to get the information of sim
and
the serial number has been registered successfully obtain such
information chain posted successful sign ? eg:

'128 12/11/11,15:19:16+28 You signed up for the subscription -
number-
019861xxxx success. Trading code 0123xxxxx-

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what it is you are saying.

If it is important, or you have further questions, please try again.

John


my english is not very good, assuming you have 2 SIM: SIM1 and SIM2, you
use SIM1 to view information such as the date of registration of SIM2
through at command are not ? if the syntax like? do you understand ?




--
dongtrien
  #18  
Old November 21st 15, 10:17 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?

dongtrien wrote:

my english is not very good,


That's OK.

assuming you have 2 SIM: SIM1 and SIM2, you use SIM1 to view
information such as the date of registration of SIM2 through
at command are not ? if the syntax like? do you understand ?


I see that the E63 is a dual-SIM phone (it takes two SIMs).

I do not have an E63, and I have not used any dual-SIM device. I haven't
found any "AT Command Reference" which talks about Nokia dual-SIM
capability, so I don't think I can be of much help.

John


  #19  
Old November 24th 15, 06:34 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_18_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?


'John Henderson[_2_ Wrote:
;511562']dongtrien wrote:
-
my english is not very good,-

That's OK.
-
assuming you have 2 SIM: SIM1 and SIM2, you use SIM1 to view
information such as the date of registration of SIM2 through
at command are not ? if the syntax like? do you understand ?-

I see that the E63 is a dual-SIM phone (it takes two SIMs).

I do not have an E63, and I have not used any dual-SIM device. I
haven't
found any "AT Command Reference" which talks about Nokia dual-SIM
capability, so I don't think I can be of much help.

John


I do not have an E63 a dual-SIM phone, you do not understand me. I want
to ask the phone number you are using you can see the date of
registration of the telephone number you are every day through the AT
command ?




--
dongtrien
  #20  
Old November 24th 15, 01:58 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default How to send and receive SMS via AT-Command with nokia E63 ?

dongtrien wrote:

I do not have an E63 a dual-SIM phone, you do not understand me. I want
to ask the phone number you are using you can see the date of
registration of the telephone number you are every day through the AT
command ?


The phone number might not be stored on the SIM at all. It isn't used by
the phone for any purpose. Instead, the phone uses the IMSI to identify
the
SIM.

If the phone number for a SIM is stored on the SIM., it will be stored as
the first number in the "Own Numbers" phone book.

Read the IMSI with the command:

AT+CIMI

Read the first entry in the "Own Numbers" phonebook (if it's there) with:

AT+CNUM

If you need to write the SIM's phone number to the SIM, first select the
"Own Numbers" phonebook with:

AT+CPBS="ON"

Then write the number as the first entry. If that number is "+61412345678"
(international format), the command is:

AT+CPBW=1,"+61412345678",145,"Own Nbr"

If the number is "0412345678" (national or "local" format), the command is:

AT+CPBW=1,"0412345678",129,"Own Nbr"

Usually, you would store the SIM's own number in international format, so
145 for type-of-number.

John
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nokia 6230, Orange PAYG, can't send / receive MMS dave UK mobile telecoms 8 July 9th 08 03:06 PM
Nokia 3650 Acting up badly. Cant send/receive SMS, Reboots, memory full errors [email protected] Nokia 0 January 24th 05 04:02 PM
Send/Receive MMS w/Nokia 7250i Kingy75 Nokia 1 April 24th 04 06:42 PM
Can't send or receive picture messages on my Nokia 7250i John UK mobile telecoms 1 April 19th 04 10:38 PM
Help receive/send mms with nokia 3595 steve Voicestream GSM 4 October 19th 03 10:35 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CellBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.