Moving SIM card between 7280 Blackberry and 6340I

Old May 4th 04, 05:29 AM
Bernard Farquart

"MD" wrote in message
ink.net...
"bob" wrote:
Please read the post before responding. Your answer is BS.

MD wrote:
"bob" wrote:

I would like to use a Blackberry 7280 around my home area since the

GSM
works fine there. But I have Cingular Nation and the non-GSM
frequencies are used a lot when I travel. Can I move the card back

and
forth as needed?

Cingular will require you to switch to a Nation GSM plan when you

switch
a BlackBerry 7280. So when you move that SIM back to your 6340i,

you'll
be
"roaming" in areas where your GAIT phone can only find TDMA or Analog
roaming. You will be charged accordingly.

I answered correctly. Please feel free to explain the error in my
explanation.

He ALREADY has a GAIT phone, so
he would be putting THAT sim into a Blackberry.

get it?

Old May 9th 04, 04:50 AM
MD

"Bernard Farquart" wrote:
Cingular will require you to switch to a Nation GSM plan when you
switch to
a BlackBerry 7280. So when you move that SIM back to your 6340i,
you'll be
"roaming" in areas where your GAIT phone can only find TDMA or

Analog
roaming. You will be charged accordingly.

I answered correctly. Please feel free to explain the error in my
explanation.

He ALREADY has a GAIT phone, so
he would be putting THAT sim into a Blackberry.

Yes, but when the Cingular CSRs add the BlackBerry feature to his account,
the system requires a rate plan change to GSM ---- therefore he can't keep
his GAIT plan. Get it?

---
MD

Old May 9th 04, 10:08 AM
Bernard Farquart

"MD" wrote in message news:V%gnc.13008
Yes, but when the Cingular CSRs add the BlackBerry feature to his account,
the system requires a rate plan change to GSM ---- therefore he can't keep
his GAIT plan. Get it?

Oh.

Old July 8th 14, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by bob View Post
I would like to use a Blackberry 7280 around my home area since the GSM
works fine there. But I have Cingular Nation and the non-GSM
frequencies are used a lot when I travel. Can I move the card back and
forth as needed?
Ya sure you can use cingular sim in Blackberry 7280 without any issue only if it is unlocked one .Else if the phone is locked to some other network provider then it wont accept cingular sim until you unlock it .You can easily unlock your phone using sites like UnBBlock.com they are rendering network unlock code for all blackberry mobile models at reliable cost .You first check that whether the code is available for your country and network provider .If yes then pay for it and unlock your phone then freely use it with any GSM sim ...