Moving SIM card between 7280 Blackberry and 6340I

Old March 28th 04, 04:31 PM
bob

Default Moving SIM card between 7280 Blackberry and 6340I

I would like to use a Blackberry 7280 around my home area since the GSM
works fine there. But I have Cingular Nation and the non-GSM
frequencies are used a lot when I travel. Can I move the card back and
forth as needed?
Old March 28th 04, 06:50 PM
John S.

But I have Cingular Nation and the non-GSM
frequencies are used a lot when I travel. Can I move the card back and
forth as needed?

What are the NON-GSM Frequencies?

The Frequencies used here in the USA are 800Mhz and 1900MHz. These frequencies
are used for AMPS, TDMA, CDMA, AND GSM.

No other frequencies are used.

--
John S.

Old April 17th 04, 05:19 AM
MD

"bob" wrote:
I would like to use a Blackberry 7280 around my home area since the GSM
works fine there. But I have Cingular Nation and the non-GSM
frequencies are used a lot when I travel. Can I move the card back and
forth as needed?

Cingular will require you to switch to a Nation GSM plan when you switch to
a BlackBerry 7280. So when you move that SIM back to your 6340i, you'll be
"roaming" in areas where your GAIT phone can only find TDMA or Analog
roaming. You will be charged accordingly.

---
MD

Old May 4th 04, 03:54 AM
MD

MD wrote:
"bob" wrote:

I would like to use a Blackberry 7280 around my home area since the GSM
works fine there. But I have Cingular Nation and the non-GSM
frequencies are used a lot when I travel. Can I move the card back and
forth as needed?

Cingular will require you to switch to a Nation GSM plan when you switch

a BlackBerry 7280. So when you move that SIM back to your 6340i, you'll

be
"roaming" in areas where your GAIT phone can only find TDMA or Analog
roaming. You will be charged accordingly.

I answered correctly. Please feel free to explain the error in my
explanation.

---
MD
:and feel free NOT to top-post:

Old May 4th 04, 04:29 AM
Bernard Farquart

"MD" wrote in message
ink.net...

MD wrote:
"bob" wrote:

I would like to use a Blackberry 7280 around my home area since the

GSM
works fine there. But I have Cingular Nation and the non-GSM
frequencies are used a lot when I travel. Can I move the card back

and
forth as needed?

Cingular will require you to switch to a Nation GSM plan when you

switch
a BlackBerry 7280. So when you move that SIM back to your 6340i,

you'll
be
"roaming" in areas where your GAIT phone can only find TDMA or Analog
roaming. You will be charged accordingly.

I answered correctly. Please feel free to explain the error in my
explanation.

He ALREADY has a GAIT phone, so
he would be putting THAT sim into a Blackberry.

get it?