Unlocked phone?

Old March 14th 07, 06:06 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
[email protected]

Default Unlocked phone?

If I buy cingulars prepaid "gophone" service, and I buy a phone
through them, will the sim card and/or phone be "locked" or "unlocked"?

Old March 15th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
Mike S.

In article . com,
wrote:

If I buy cingulars prepaid "gophone" service, and I buy a phone
through them, will the sim card and/or phone be "locked" or "unlocked"?

All Cingular phones are sold subsidy locked to Cingular SIM cards.

I'm not sure what you mean by asking if the SIM card is "locked". Will it
work on an unlocked non-Cingular phone? Yes.

Old April 27th 14, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by View Post
If I buy cingulars prepaid "gophone" service, and I buy a phone through them, will the sim card and/or phone be "locked" or "unlocked"?
HI if you purchase phone from cingular then sure it will locked with them due to this you can't use your phone with other network sim ..You can easily fix it just by unlocking the phone ..You can unlock your phone using sites like OnlineGSMUnlock.com here they are rendering unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost ..After unlocking your phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim ...

WTB: Unlocked GSM phone Matt GSM 6 August 14th 05 06:05 AM
How to tell if a phone is unlocked? Luke Curtis UK mobile telecoms 4 April 20th 05 08:32 PM
Can I buy an unlocked phone in the UK? John Phillips UK mobile telecoms 8 October 20th 04 06:01 AM
What does it mean that a phone is "unlocked" ?? Gary Warner Cellular (general) 1 September 23rd 04 09:17 PM
WTT: Unlocked Ericsson T200 World Phone for 850 Coverage Phone repatch Fido 1 January 6th 04 03:48 AM