Locked vs Unlocked

Old April 16th 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular

Default Locked vs Unlocked

"exjd" wrote in message
Well I guess it must be the rule of three tries even for email. Here is
the response I got when I requested unlocking for foreign travel
Alan

"Thank you for contacting Cingular Wireless regarding unlock code for
your phone.

We understand your concern, however, it is the policy of Cingular
Wireless that we do not unlock equipment for the purposes of enabling
customers to use our equipment with other service providers. We apologize
for
any inconvenience this may cause.

We appreciate your understanding and valuable business with us.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kent W944"

Try this email:

That's the address I used when I got my unlock code.
bamp

wrote in message
I have been a Cingular customer in good standing since 2001. I have
requested the unlock codes for my two Sony Ericsson z500a's and have
been told I'm "not eligible" to have my phones unlocked becuase they do
not do that for customers "under contract". Any ideas?
I want to unlock them to buy a foreign sim card for a trip to Italy in
May.

I made my request via email, and had no problem getting an unlock code
from
Cingular for my v551. I said I was going to be travelling, and wanted
the
unlock so I could use foreign SIMs. They added international roaming to
my
account, and sent the code.

--
---

Old April 16th 06, 11:20 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular

I travel internationally for a living. When I tried to get Cingular to
unlock my Motorola V220 last fall, the person on the phone said I'd
have to email a special address. When I emailed, as requested, I
received the same standardized reply, basically saying NO WAY. I have
been a customer in good standing for many years. I only wanted to be
able to use a sim card in the countries of Europe that I travel to. I
did get a Cingular rep at one of the Houston stores to refer me to a
mom and pop cell phone store who unlocked it for me for ten bucks.
bamp wrote:
"exjd" wrote in message
Well I guess it must be the rule of three tries even for email. Here is
the response I got when I requested unlocking for foreign travel
Alan

"Thank you for contacting Cingular Wireless regarding unlock code for
your phone.

We understand your concern, however, it is the policy of Cingular
Wireless that we do not unlock equipment for the purposes of enabling
customers to use our equipment with other service providers. We apologize
for
any inconvenience this may cause.

We appreciate your understanding and valuable business with us.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kent W944"

Try this email:

That's the address I used when I got my unlock code.
..
bamp

Old April 18th 14, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dick Hughes View Post
I have a Motorola V551 with Cingular that is unlocked. I just added a V557 to my plan for my wife. I am assuming that the V557 will be locked. Does that mean I can't use any SIM besides the one that came in it? I was hoping to just swap SIMS so I could have the new phone.
HI yes what you said was rite if the Motorola V557 mobile is locked to some other network then sure you can't use it with other network sim until you unlock it ..You can easily unlock your phone using sites like ClassicUnlocking.com here they are rendering unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost ..After unlocking your phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim....