Cell phone repeater interference

Old January 16th 16, 04:50 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
Raoul Watson

Default Cell phone repeater interference

On 1/11/2016 3:10 PM, wrote:
Thanks for the info.
My friend shared some further information that has changed my hypothesis. I now think that he's been targeted by a jammer in the neighborhood. I've asked him to file an official report with the FCC. Largely because I want to see the expression on the jammer's face when presented with a bill for $16,000 for each day of interference, and as high as $112,500 for any single violation. :0)

All my best wishes

--Len

This is easy to check. Just move a distance away from the jammer signal.
If he drives one mile and can use his phone than his hypothesis may have
merit. He needs to gather all info before going to FCC.
Perhaps he can borrow a cell jammer detector?
Old January 16th 16, 05:25 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
[email protected]

He did mention that his phone always resumes proper operation if he drives a half mile or more from home.
If I had the time, I'd build one of these and triangulate:
http://theleggios.net/wb2hol/projects/rdf/tdoa1.htm
I suspect the FCC has better tools though.