why I don't get sub menu and main menu of list SIM services ?

Old July 4th 15, 01:17 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_7_]

Default why I don't get sub menu and main menu of list SIM services ?

I am sure I use the correct port of the Nokia E63 because after I
connected the computer successfully with E63 via HyperTerminal of
computer. I type command AT, computer returned OK. My Nokia E63 produced
in 2009, this modem is old then and I know older Nokia mobile phones can
connect to the computer through port SerialComPort, modem smartphones
are not connection SerialComPort port. Back to my old problems is how to
get the list of menus via HyperTerminal with E63 ?

--
dongtrien
Old July 4th 15, 08:41 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
tlvp[_2_]

On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 02:17:19 +0200, dongtrien wrote:

I am sure I use the correct port of the Nokia E63 because after I
connected the computer successfully with E63 via HyperTerminal of
computer. I type command AT, computer returned OK. My Nokia E63 produced
in 2009, this modem is old then and I know older Nokia mobile phones can
connect to the computer through port SerialComPort, modem smartphones
are not connection SerialComPort port. Back to my old problems is how to
get the list of menus via HyperTerminal with E63 ?

John's not referring to the physical connector on the E63, or on the
computer, between which you're connecting a physical cable -- he's
referring to the *logical* (or *virtual*) port in the phone's software
(analogous to the :80 or the :563 used by http or nntp communications) used
for the serial communication of AT commands and responses.

I don't know what they are for the E63, nor how you must specify them, but
John's point is just that if you've not correctly specified the right one,
your communications attempts will necessarily fail.

HTH. And if I've missed the point, please forgive. Cheers, -- tlvp
Old July 4th 15, 02:13 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
dongtrien[_8_]

after successfully connected to a computer with E63. I saw "COM4",
"COM5" and "Nokia E63 USB Modem", I used to use "COM5" to typing AT
command, I understand you to say "COM4" was data port and "COM5 "AT
commands port, what're you according to the port " Nokia E63 USB Modem "
do ? you see my photo file attachments [image:
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img661/2467/4QA6yG.jpg]

--
dongtrien
Old July 4th 15, 09:31 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]

dongtrien wrote:

after successfully connected to a computer with E63. I saw "COM4",
"COM5" and "Nokia E63 USB Modem", I used to use "COM5" to typing AT
command, I understand you to say "COM4" was data port and "COM5 "AT
commands port, what're you according to the port " Nokia E63 USB Modem "
do ? you see my photo file attachments [image:
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img661/2467/4QA6yG.jpg]

Please try them all. Only one will be the AT command port, although
others MIGHT respond with "OK" to the "AT" command.

You will do no harm by trying your STK commands on those other ports.

John
Old July 4th 15, 09:43 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson[_2_]

tlvp wrote:

he's referring to the *logical* (or *virtual*) port in the phone's software

Thank you for helping clear that up. I was stuck trying to explain
myself, without managing to come up with the right words

John

Old July 5th 15, 06:01 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
tlvp[_2_]

On 4 Jul 2015 20:43:27 GMT, John Henderson wrote:

tlvp wrote:

he's referring to the *logical* (or *virtual*) port in the phone's software

Thank you for helping clear that up. I was stuck trying to explain
myself, without managing to come up with the right words

YVW. Same word "port" is used in far too many incompatible contexts -- the
place a ship docks; the connector-socket on a computer that a cable
connects to; the connector socket on a peripheral that a cable connects to;
the name a computer OS gives to a virtual communications channel (PRNn:,
LPTn:, COMn:, FILE:, USBn:, etc.); the numbered "port" an internet protocol
expects to communicate "through" (e.g., :80, :563, :8080, etc.); and
whatever similar things external devices like phones and modems use to help
segregate communications to/from them by "channel".

Not to forget the tawny, sweetish, alcoholic beverage :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp

access services menu to unlock T68 BA Ericsson 4 September 3rd 04 05:49 PM
LG-6000 Services Menu Ken Fredstrom Verizon 6 November 23rd 03 11:29 PM
nokia nerds! i need a menu list from a 3285 matt courage Nokia 9 September 26th 03 07:17 AM
Help! : No SIM No Menu NoReg6 Nokia 2 September 5th 03 01:14 PM
Master reset - but don't know how to get Services menu ©® Ericsson 2 August 14th 03 01:32 AM