FINALLY: free iPhone software unlock is here!

Old September 13th 07, 06:14 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Steve Sobol

Default FINALLY: free iPhone software unlock is here!

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.cellular.t-mobile.]
On 2007-09-13, Michael Paris wrote:

someday soon there will be an iPhone with HSDPA, official tethering rather
than hacked, and the ability to use it on corporate discount plans.
Perhaps the price-slashing on the iPhone was also an indication that the
next generation model with HSDPA is not far off.

Good point, I can wait, no rush.

Given some of the things I've heard... if they're true, I wouldn't want an
iPhone even if I could unlock it to run on my carrier. Do you really have to
send it in to get the battery changed?

--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED
"Drench yourself in words unspoken / Live your life with arms wide open

Old September 13th 07, 06:14 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
R. P.

"Tinman" wrote:
Two words: open source.

Now you're talkin'!
Old September 14th 07, 03:42 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Michael Paris

I can hardly follow what you are describing here; it's weirdly written.
But it sounds like you have a corporate discount plan for four phones
and two have data plans, and a fifth with a plan.

That's a lot of separate things to consider.

So which ones would you replace with iPhones, and how does that plan
save you money?
You made that statement like it was self-evident without details, and
it simply isn't.

To make a long story short, I would lose my discount on 4 phones, it would
cost me $30 more in that loss.

Old September 15th 07, 12:34 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
[email protected]

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:49:56 -0700, "Tinman" wrote:

Tutorial:
http://iphone.unlock.no/
"First, thanks to everyone who made this possible. Iphone Dev team, geohot
and his "crew", Iphonesimfree :P and all others."

More info:
http://www.modmyiphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4852

It works, it's free, and it's software.

I'd feel better about their procedure if they didnt start with

"Prepair the iPhone"
Old September 15th 07, 03:08 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Kurt

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:49:56 -0700, "Tinman" wrote:

Tutorial:
http://iphone.unlock.no/
"First, thanks to everyone who made this possible. Iphone Dev team, geohot
and his "crew", Iphonesimfree :P and all others."

More info:
http://www.modmyiphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4852

It works, it's free, and it's software.

I'd feel better about their procedure if they didnt start with

"Prepair the iPhone"

Yes, because their hack involves pre-repair.

Old September 26th 14, 03:13 PM
Shalma Shalma is offline
Member

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Tutorial:
http://iphone.unlock.no/
"First, thanks to everyone who made this possible. Iphone Dev team, geohot
and his "crew", Iphonesimfree :P and all others."

More info:
http://www.modmyiphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4852

It works, it's free, and it's software.

--
Mike
Are free unlocking service are reliable?Am asking this because one of my friend is having Iphone and he got it unlocked using the free unlock code but it was not a permanent unlock .Once he updated the phone the phone has roll backed to lock status .And after that he contacted the service provider but there is no use of it .So he searched in the net for paid and reliable solution to unlock the phone and found the site http://www.unlock-zone.com/apple/rs5wp8/ . As they are providing the unlock code at low cost and moreover they are providing the permanent unlock solution for the phone and he got the unlock code and unlocked it .And after unlocking the phone he once again updated and the phone is now working great .