Q.: GoPhone activation options?

Old July 20th 14, 06:07 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
tlvp[_2_]

Default Q.: GoPhone activation options?

I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?

And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.

Many thanks for helpful advice. Cheers, -- tlvp
Old July 31st 14, 04:20 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
tlvp[_2_]

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 12:07:35 -0400, tlvp wrote:

I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?

And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.

Many thanks for helpful advice. Cheers, -- tlvp

Said sale may be over now, but anyway Callingmart from time to time has a
10% off offer on the GoPhone refills they sell. HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
Old August 5th 14, 01:52 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
nospam[_2_]

In article , tlvp
wrote:

I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?

locked at&t phones will work on at&t mvnos.

as far as the phone is concerned, it's at&t.

And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.

i don't know what the official policy is, but keep calling until you
get an answer you like.