sim unlock

Old December 13th 03, 10:22 PM
Reichart

Default sim unlock

anyone know where I can get an sim (subsity) unlock code for a tmobile,
motorola p280? was on tmobile for 2 yrs, have switched carriers and would
like to be able to use my new sim card in my motorola. thanks...

Old December 14th 03, 01:06 AM
PDA Man

The SUBSIDY Unlock for the P280 is a Unique code that is derived by a
formula utilizing your phones IMEI. TMOBILE will give you the code if you
are still active with them. If not you can go to www.howardforums.com and
look for one of many Unlocker services that will do it online for $10-$20
USD. Keep in mind that Unlcking the SIM/Subsidy lock will only enable the
phone to use another Network, the Browser Setup Menu will still be disabled
(Doesnt appear, thus u cannot setup your Browser settings)You may also go to
www.spunlock and download the software from their called VICGSM which will
unlock n the Browser as well as PST Tools 6.0 which can Unlock the phone. If
you are NOT knowledgeable about these things you can RUIN your phone, so you
have been warned..

Old December 14th 03, 02:35 AM
Charles Hawtrey

"Reichart" staggered to the nearest keyboard and wrote:

anyone know where I can get an sim (subsity) unlock code for a tmobile,
motorola p280? was on tmobile for 2 yrs, have switched carriers and would
like to be able to use my new sim card in my motorola. thanks...

I have a P280. T-Mobile customer service gave me the unlock code, but
since you are no longer with them I don't know if they'll still help
you out. There are loads of places on the Internet that supposedly
will generate the unlock code for a small fee -- my guess is that some
are reputable, others less so. Google for specifics.

One minor detail, the P280 doesn't actually unlock until you put in
the "foreign" (non-original) SIM as well as the unlock code. But it
does work.

--
hambu n hambu hodo

Old December 14th 03, 04:47 AM
Reichart

And the question begs why you didn't obtain an unlock code from
T-Mobile/VoiceStream when you had service.

Because I have 7 phones that I switched. I didn't necessarily think about
ever using the P280 again, until I started lugging around a Treo 600. The
Treo is fine for weekdays (work) but I really don't want, or need to carry
it around weekends. Not that big of a deal. I'll find a place to unlock it.

Old July 12th 14, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Reichart View Post
anyone know where I can get an sim (subsity) unlock code for a tmobile,
motorola p280? was on tmobile for 2 yrs, have switched carriers and would
like to be able to use my new sim card in my motorola. thanks...
HI you can easily unlock your Motorola P280 mobile from t-mobile network lock using code .You can purchase code from sites like OnlineGSMUnlock.com they are rendering network unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost .After unlocking your phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim ...