can virgin mobile phones be unlocked?

Old October 13th 06, 07:17 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
peter

Default can virgin mobile phones be unlocked?

Can any GSM prepaid phone sold by virgin mobile web site be unlocked for
free?
Or at least, can be unlocked with a code (I assume can be bought for a few
bucks) without having to buy a cable or send it somewhere?

I know t-mobile will give unlock code to established customers. Just
wondering if they are the only one.

Old October 17th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
X-Zone

Didn't you receive any replies to this, Peter? I'm curious as well.

news:[email protected]

Old October 21st 06, 01:56 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
Earl F. Parrish

"peter" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Can any GSM prepaid phone sold by virgin mobile web site be unlocked for
free?
Or at least, can be unlocked with a code (I assume can be bought for a few
bucks) without having to buy a cable or send it somewhere?

I know t-mobile will give unlock code to established customers. Just
wondering if they are the only one.

Virgin Mobile in the United States is a CDMA carrier which uses the Sprint
network. Only GSM phones are locked, per se. CDMA carriers may restrict
the Electronic Serial Number of phones which may be activated on their
networks. So Verizon, a CDMA carrier, will not allow you to activate a
phone from Sprint even if Verizon offers the same model.

Virgin Mobile in other countries may use GSM or other technologies.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Old July 1st 14, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by peter View Post
Can any GSM prepaid phone sold by virgin mobile web site be unlocked for free? Or at least, can be unlocked with a code (I assume can be bought for a few bucks) without having to buy a cable or send it somewhere? I know t-mobile will give unlock code to established customers. Just wondering if they are the only one.
Hi yes sure phone brought from virgin might be locked with them due to this you can't use those phones with any other GSM sim until you unlock it ...Free unlock codes are available only for some older mobile models you can purchase unlock code at free of cost from sites like Unlocking4Free.com they are generating unlock code for some older mobile models at free of cost .Else if you want to unlock some other new model phone then you can contact virgin or else visit sites like MobileUnlockSolutions.com they are providing unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost ....After unlocking your phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim ....