SIM card from "regular" plan in go phone?

Old June 10th 06, 04:33 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular

Default SIM card from "regular" plan in go phone?

SMS wrote:
l e o wrote:

The actual cost of the phones must be very low.

New low-end phones cost the carrier around $40 wholesale.

why don't you tell them they should sell people a replacement phone at
a reasonable price?

Hey, I agree with this. I think it's very unethical that they have those
fake high prices, but they do so in order to get people to sign new
contracts for a big discount. It really hurts people that need a new
phone in the middle of the contract. Few people realize the workaround
of buying a prepaid phone and sticking a postpaid SIM into it (or the
CDMA method of simply changing the SID of the phone on-line).

So maybe this is an unspoken intended purposes to encourage people to
start using GoPhone and then switch to a postpaid plan.

Yes, they would like people to switch to postpaid, as it is much more
profitable. But they don't want existing post-paid customers to get
around the whole phone upgrade/contract renewal scam.

This is NOT a scam. Nobody got hurt.
Old January 7th 08, 02:04 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
ontherocks62

Some where I read that the SIM swap has to be done before the Go Phone
is activated or otherwise it would be locked in the prepaid plan for six
months.

And more, if the Go Phone already came activated from the factory or
bought online from AT&T (which is always pre-activated with a plan) then
you are out of luck.

Is this true??

--
ontherocks62
ontherocks62's Profile: http://www.cingularuser.com/member.php?userid=218

Old January 7th 08, 03:52 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
Mike S.

In article ,
ontherocks62 wrote:

Some where I read that the SIM swap has to be done before the Go Phone
is activated or otherwise it would be locked in the prepaid plan for six
months.

And more, if the Go Phone already came activated from the factory or
bought online from AT&T (which is always pre-activated with a plan) then
you are out of luck.

Is this true??

GSM phones are not activated ... only SIM cards.

Old January 7th 08, 08:50 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
ontherocks62

Thanks Mike S. for the reply.

I am not so familiar with prepaid Go Phone plans. How does it work?
I buy the phone and use the talktime I have. There are no monthly bills
or any other bills to bother me ever?
So if I exhaust all the talk time in a few days and don't recharge
nothing happens? I get to keep the phone? AT&T doesn't bother me anyway
ever?

Old January 8th 08, 08:53 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
Mike S.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...ones/index.jsp

So if I exhaust all the talk time in a few days and don't recharge
nothing happens? I get to keep the phone? AT&T doesn't bother me anyway
ever?

Once you buy a GoPhone handset, it is yours, even if you never recharge
the account.

Old January 9th 08, 11:09 PM posted to alt.cellular.cingular
ontherocks62

Thanks a lot Mike S

Old June 5th 14, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by View Post
I am currently in a two year contract but I want a new phone. Can I buy a "Go" phone and put my current SIM in that phone and continue using my current plan?
HI yes you can use your sim card in a new go phone only if it is unlocked one .Else if the phone is locked to some other network provider then until you unlock it you can't freely use it with your sim card..You can easily unlock your phone using sites like Unlocking4Free.com here they will generate unlock code for some older mobile models at free of cost .Else if you want to unlock some other new model phone then have a look at sites like MobileUnlockSolutions.com here they are rendering unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost ...After unlocking the phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim ...