Nokia 6340i SIM card in Samsung S307? Will it work?

Old July 21st 03, 05:17 PM
Mark D.

Default Nokia 6340i SIM card in Samsung S307? Will it work?

Forgive me if this is a common question, but I have a Nokia 6340i
phone and want to swap to the Samsung S307. Can I just purchase the
S307 off of the internet and pop in my SIM card or is there more to it
than that. This is all very new to me, so forgive the ignorance. Any
background information on this issue or pointers to a good internet
source where I can learn is greatly appreciated.

-mark
Old July 21st 03, 05:45 PM
Mark A. Smith

If the phone is unlocked (make sure that it is), swapping the SIM should
work, in GSM only, of course.

Do you know if you have GSM coverage in your area yet? If they are
offering this phone for sale, in your area Cingular stores, that would tell
me that the answer is yes, to my prior question.

A place to learn a few things, especially using the Glossary on this
site is Phone Scoop, which can be found at:

http://www.phonescoop.com/

Have a good one,

Mark A. Smith

Old July 21st 03, 06:39 PM
Mark D.

GSM coverage is new in my area. They just started testing it this
past weekend and the S307 phone will go on sale August 1st. I was
hoping to learn a bit more about this using the field test mode that I
also asked about before swapping to the new phone. My thinking was
that I could tell if my 6340 was using GSM or TDMA before buying a
phone that may or may not work in this area yet.

Thanks again for all of your help. I'll be sure to check out the
phonescoop site you mentioned as soon as I have a chance.

-Mark

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:45:45 -0400, "Mark A. Smith"
wrote:

If the phone is unlocked (make sure that it is), swapping the SIM should
work, in GSM only, of course.

Do you know if you have GSM coverage in your area yet? If they are
offering this phone for sale, in your area Cingular stores, that would tell
me that the answer is yes, to my prior question.

A place to learn a few things, especially using the Glossary on this
site is Phone Scoop, which can be found at:

http://www.phonescoop.com/

Have a good one,

Mark A. Smith

.. .

Old July 21st 03, 11:15 PM
Michael B. Blake

"Dental(stud)" wrote in message
if your 6340 says something about forwarding calls before dialing out it

is
in GSM

Off topic but my Nokia 3595 GSM phone gives the forwarding message every
time it dials out. Why is that message presented?

Mike

Old May 28th 14, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mark D. View Post
Forgive me if this is a common question, but I have a Nokia 6340i phone and want to swap to the Samsung S307. Can I just purchase the S307 off of the internet and pop in my SIM card or is there more to it than that. This is all very new to me, so forgive the ignorance. Any background information on this issue or pointers to a good internet source where I can learn is greatly appreciated. -mark
HI yes you can use your old sim in the new samsung s307 mobile only if it is unlocked one ..Else if the phone is locked to network other than one which you are going to use then you can't use your sim until you unlock it ..You can easily unlock the phone using sites like MobileUnlockSolutions.com here they are providing unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost .