Will a Nokia 3390 work in France?

Old September 1st 03, 08:41 PM
DK

Default Will a Nokia 3390 work in France?

I will be travelling from the US to France for a few weeks and was
wondering if my Nokia 3390 will work while I'm over there. It is a
GSM phone and I have service from T-Mobile, but is it as easy as just
dialing a local number from over there?

I'm a bit of a newbie at this, so please show my options in this.
Thanks for your help.

Old September 1st 03, 09:46 PM
Carl.

"DK" wrote in message
om...
I will be travelling from the US to France for a few weeks and was
wondering if my Nokia 3390 will work while I'm over there. It is a
GSM phone and I have service from T-Mobile, but is it as easy as just
dialing a local number from over there?

I'm a bit of a newbie at this, so please show my options in this.
Thanks for your help.

No, but T-Mobile has some that will.

---
Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Old September 4th 03, 02:50 AM
Carl.

"DK" wrote in message
om...
So "unlocking" the phone won't help at all?

Unlocking a phone only opens it to other carriers' SIM cards (and all SIM
cards do is store your phonebook and identify the phone to a carrier's
system). It won't let your phone operate on more frequencies than it did
before.

---
Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Old September 4th 03, 06:30 AM
John S.

I will be travelling from the US to France for a few weeks and was
wondering if my Nokia 3390 will work while I'm over there.

Nope

--
John S.
Old March 25th 14, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by DK View Post
I will be travelling from the US to France for a few weeks and was wondering if my Nokia 3390 will work while I'm over there. It is a GSM phone and I have service from T-Mobile, but is it as easy as just dialing a local number from over there? I'm a bit of a newbie at this, so please show my options in this. Thanks for your help.
HI no your Nokia 3390 mobile wont work in france until you unlock it from US t-mobile network ..You can easily unlock your phone using sites like MobileUnlockSolutions.com here they render unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost ..After purchasing the code visit sites like MobileUnlockGuide.com to get free instruction about how to use that code and unlock your mobile ......After unlocking it you can freely use it with any GSM sim in France....