Need a cellphone booster

Old January 8th 17, 11:16 PM posted to alt.cellular
[email protected]
Default Need a cellphone booster

I live in a rural area where the reception is poor. I live down in a
valley too, which makes it worse. If I walk up the hill, or go on the
roof of my house, I can get enough signal to make calls. In the summer,
this is not a problem, but in winter I dont feel like walking up the
hill and making calls outdoors in the cold.

Worse yet, my home has metal siding, so inside the house I get no signal
at all.

I know they sell some sort of boosters, but I dont know anything about
them. My thoughts are (if this is possible), to put a booster (receiver)
on my tv antenna tower, which is right next to the house. Then put the
booster transmitter inside the house. (Assuming there is a wire between

Dies this make sense? Is this possible?
What do I look for on ebay, amazon, etc to find such a booster?