Chinese Phones

Old May 24th 12, 07:03 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
John Digby

Default Chinese Phones

I have just purchased three phones from China as I want to use a few
apps and surf the web and use e-mails and all the other things you can
do on a smart-phone. The are beautifully made and the radio and phones
work perfectly; the only issue I have is getting webbed-up!

I am on the GiffGaff (02) network, who have a really first-rate back-up
for most things, but I seem to have stuffed them with my problem. The
"techies" on there are not professionals per se, but other users helping
out with their respective knowledge.

Does anyone on her know how to get on to a UK network, with a Chinese
phone? I EAGERLY AWAIT YOUR REPLIES!

Thanks,

John.

--
John Digby
Old May 25th 12, 10:50 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
John Henderson

John Digby wrote:

I have just purchased three phones from China as I want to use a few
apps and surf the web and use e-mails and all the other things you can
do on a smart-phone. The are beautifully made and the radio and phones
work perfectly; the only issue I have is getting webbed-up!

What are the specifications of the phones? In particular, what
access technologies (GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, etc) do they support,
and what bands (frequencies)?

John
Old May 25th 12, 10:56 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
John Henderson

John Digby wrote:

the radio and phones work perfectly

I think I missed the significance of that earlier. I take it you
can make and receive calls.

If so, you need to set up the APN and authentication to match
your carrier, in order to make a data connection.

John

Old May 26th 12, 03:38 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
John Digby[_2_]

Yep, I've done that Jim. I can't count the amount of times I've done
it... This is where the problem starts. I keep being told there is an
issue with my telephone carrier, but there isn't.

John.

--
John Digby
Old May 27th 12, 10:38 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
Mutlley

John Digby wrote:

Yep, I've done that Jim. I can't count the amount of times I've done
it... This is where the problem starts. I keep being told there is an
issue with my telephone carrier, but there isn't.

John.

looking at your email address I assume your in the UK which means a
Chinese fone on 3G 2100 band will most likely be OK as that seems to
be the only 3G band used there on WCDMA.. Else where not so good..
Old May 28th 12, 01:38 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
John Digby[_3_]

Thanks for the reply,

I will have to return the phones as no amount of entering data gets me
on-line - not even my home WAP. Thanks for trying!

--
John Digby