manufacturer's warrantee

Old November 30th 11, 08:00 AM posted to alt.cellular.tech
Miles

Default manufacturer's warrantee

Attempting to purchase a new mobile phone last week, a Samsung, and
was told by Samsung US & Canada that the 1 year warrantee is only
valid in the country of purchase. This is quite odd for me to accept
since I frequently travel to other countries for as long as 2 months
at a time. Could this by any chance be the fact with all mobile
manufacturers or Samsung only? If so will simply by a cheapo $30
phone as a backup for my 10-year old Nokia 6260.

While I'm at it. I see that Samsung's S2 no longer has a lanyard slot
and checking several smart phones in ATT store didn't see a single
smart phone with it. Could this be they are conning the Americans
into spending more for replacement or this is becoming worldwide? (I
use it with the lanyard through a shirt buttonhole to prevent theft
and damage -- one would have to rip the shirt off my back to get the
phone and if it slips out of my hand, it can't hit the deck)
Miles
Old December 7th 11, 06:28 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
Miles

* Miles wrote, On 29-Nov-11 23:00:
[...]

I've been told that all manufacturers do the same except for the
iPhone which warrantee is valid worldwide. Still wondering if this
is fact, whether all major brands only warrantee in the country of
manufacture?
Miles
Old December 23rd 11, 01:58 PM posted to alt.cellular.tech
Miles

* Evan Platt wrote, On 09-Dec-11 06:41:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 23:00:09 -0800, Miles
wrote:

Attempting to purchase a new mobile phone last week, a Samsung, and
was told by Samsung US& Canada that the 1 year warrantee is only
valid in the country of purchase. This is quite odd for me to accept
since I frequently travel to other countries for as long as 2 months
at a time. Could this by any chance be the fact with all mobile
manufacturers or Samsung only? If so will simply by a cheapo $30
phone as a backup for my 10-year old Nokia 6260.

That's quite common with electronics. Laptops too.

Find it difficult to believe that manufacturers could follow such a
method. I for one absolutely refuse to purchase a world wide
company's hardware that will not be warranteed world wide! And I
think that if others would do the same, the companies would soon come
around.
Old December 26th 11, 12:16 AM posted to alt.cellular.tech
What Again

wrote:

Attempting to purchase a new mobile phone last week, a Samsung, and
was told by Samsung US& Canada that the 1 year warrantee is only
valid in the country of purchase. This is quite odd for me to accept
since I frequently travel to other countries for as long as 2 months
at a time. Could this by any chance be the fact with all mobile
manufacturers or Samsung only? If so will simply by a cheapo $30
phone as a backup for my 10-year old Nokia 6260.

That's quite common with electronics. Laptops too.

Find it difficult to believe that manufacturers could follow such a
method. I for one absolutely refuse to purchase a world wide company's
hardware that will not be warranteed world wide! And I think that if
others would do the same, the companies would soon come around.

Different markets have different parts and overages. Most 'repairs' a unit
exchanges and due to compatibility issues not all can be accommodated. Then
there are the bean counter issues.

BenQ manufacturer codes Bal Siemens 1 April 28th 11 05:47 AM
Mobile Phone Manufacturer Shopping-Online Verizon 2 October 5th 08 07:08 PM
MWI is it different on different manufacturer's handsets? BruceR Voicestream GSM 2 April 24th 05 10:57 PM
What is the sprint warrantee period for a phone? putty Sprint 4 March 12th 04 09:33 PM
Nokia Manufacturer Warrenty Craig Rider UK mobile telecoms 4 February 8th 04 11:39 PM