N95 Orange Voicemail indicator

Old July 4th 07, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Tony Brett

Default N95 Orange Voicemail indicator

Hi,

I have an N95 on Orange which I have reflashed to the version 11
software, generic version, as I use VOIP and version 11 is much more
stable than version 10. Problem is that I think this has stopped the
voicemail indicator icon working when people leave voicemail.

Can I do anything about this? Not the end of the world if I can't but
it would be handy.

Thanks,

Tony
Old July 4th 07, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Lewis[_3_]

On 4 Jul, 08:38, Tony Brett wrote:
Hi,

I have an N95 on Orange which I have reflashed to the version 11
software, generic version, as I use VOIP and version 11 is much more
stable than version 10. Problem is that I think this has stopped the
voicemail indicator icon working when people leave voicemail.

Can I do anything about this? Not the end of the world if I can't but
it would be handy.

Thanks,

Tony

Try asking customer services to re-set it. If they dont understand
what you mean which is highly likely say it's stuck on and they will
enable and disable the icon- may work.

Old July 4th 07, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Tony Brett

James Lewis wrote:
On 4 Jul, 08:38, Tony Brett wrote:
Try asking customer services to re-set it. If they dont understand
what you mean which is highly likely say it's stuck on and they will
enable and disable the icon- may work.

Actually I rang them this morning (they were closed last night) and said
that I had done a firmware upgrade and since then the voicemail icon
wasn't working. I asked them to reset my voicemail and send a SIM
update which they did and all is now well.

I was quite surprised at how easy it was!

Thanks,

Tony