Can T Mobile sim card be used in ATT phone and vice versa?

Old January 26th 09, 05:41 PM posted to alt.cellular.attws
[email protected]

Default Can T Mobile sim card be used in ATT phone and vice versa?

Dennis Ferguson wrote:

If you mean a monthly plan without
a contract, however, I have seen press reports quoting AT&T as saying
they'll sell service without a contract if you bring your own phone
but I've never found an AT&T store where they'll admit this is a
possibility (perhaps the guys in stores get paid for selling contracts)
so you might have to do some work to convince someone to sell to you
if you want to be free of a contract.

Yes I'm sorry that it was I mean..... I didn't word it
right in last post

I already have a SIM based GSM phone but when I asked
local ATT rep if I can get a monthly plan and NOT get
bogged down in contract the answer was no
Old January 26th 09, 10:40 PM posted to alt.cellular.attws
[email protected]

DevilsPGD
wrote:

Go for the most expensive free phone you can get, and/or see if it's
worth paying a bit for an even more expensive phone. Sign the contract,
sell the phone and put the cash in a "In case I need to cancel the two
year contract" fund.

Excellent!

Thank you!!
Old May 27th 14, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by View Post
Since T Mobile and ATT are both GSM based isn't it possible to use phones and SIM cards between BOTH systems?
HI no you can't use t-mobile sim in the phone which is locked to AT&T until you unlock it vise verse for phone locked to t-mobile .If you want to unlock your phone from network lock then visit sites like Unlocking4U.com here they are providing unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost .After unlocking the phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim ...