Motorola Software Update for Alltel Q

Old March 14th 08, 04:57 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
marmar5

Default Motorola Software Update for Alltel Q

Motorola has a new software update for the Alltel Q on its support
website:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...20Data%20Cable
Old March 14th 08, 04:29 PM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larc

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:57:50 -0700 (PDT), marmar5
wrote:

Motorola has a new software update for the Alltel Q on its support
website:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...20Data%20Cable

I noticed there's also a software update for the V3a. What I don't
see is a date for the update. Any way to tell when it was posted and
what is new?

Larc

- Change planet to earth to reply by email -
Old March 15th 08, 03:14 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larry

Larc wrote in
:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...oftwareUpdateS
ummary.asp?country=USA&language=ENS&web_page_name= SUPPORT&strCarrierId=
Alltel&strPhone=Q&strCable=Mini%20USB%20Data%20Cab le

Needs a longer URL....(C;

Old March 15th 08, 04:26 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larc

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:14:03 +0000, Larry wrote:

Larc wrote in
:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...oftwareUpdateS
ummary.asp?country=USA&language=ENS&web_page_name= SUPPORT&strCarrierId=
Alltel&strPhone=Q&strCable=Mini%20USB%20Data%20Cab le

Needs a longer URL....(C;

My newsreader (Agent 3.3) didn't wrap the URL. ;p

Old March 18th 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
marmar5

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto.../SoftwareUpdat...

I noticed there's also a software update for the V3a. What I don't
see is a date for the update. Any way to tell when it was posted and
what is new?

Larc

- Change planet to earth to reply by email -

I am not sure about the V3a, but according to the alltel.com/software
site, the update for the Q "is required for MOTOQ smartphones that do
not have software version Q2-BP_C_06.0C.1EP."
Old March 18th 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larc

wrote:
Motorola has a new software update for the Alltel Q on its support
website:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto.../SoftwareUpdat...

I noticed there's also a software update for the V3a. What I don't
see is a date for the update. Any way to tell when it was posted and
what is new?

Larc

- Change planet to earth to reply by email -

I am not sure about the V3a, but according to the alltel.com/software
site, the update for the Q "is required for MOTOQ smartphones that do
not have software version Q2-BP_C_06.0C.1EP."

Thanks for that!

But if I had even that much info on the V3a update, it wouldn't do me
any good since I can't find any way to see which version is on my
phone now. Also, Motorola saw fit to assign the very informative name
"Motorola Software Update" to the update file for the V3a.

However, I did find a software update function on my phone under
Settings Phone Status that told me I already have the latest
software when I tried to update. So I guess not being able to see
what I have now isn't really a big disadvantage after all.

Old March 18th 08, 06:42 PM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larry

Larc wrote in
:

I can't find any way to see which version is on my
phone now.

MENU then PHONE STATUS then OTHER INFORMATION then S/W VERSION

Same on most new Motophones like my Z6m.

SPARKO_X_02.0C.19P on the Z6m

I guess ver 2.2 is too simple for them...(c;
Old March 18th 08, 07:16 PM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larc

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:42:46 +0000, Larry wrote:

Larc wrote in
:

I can't find any way to see which version is on my
phone now.

MENU then PHONE STATUS then OTHER INFORMATION then S/W VERSION

Same on most new Motophones like my Z6m.

SPARKO_X_02.0C.19P on the Z6m

I guess ver 2.2 is too simple for them...(c;

You're right! I have version R38.0_X_02.21.02R. There's a lot of
stuff stored in that little phone.

Old March 18th 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larry

Larc wrote in
:

You're right! I have version R38.0_X_02.21.02R. There's a lot of
stuff stored in that little phone.

All hidden away as far from the prying eyes of the customer as they can get
them under layer after layer of menu after menu....some encoded beyond
normal reach!

Motorola changed the ##DEBUG code I used to use to access the hidden menus
and information about what the phone was measuring and responding to from
the cell. If anyone has the new Motorola codes and button presses to
access the data, I'd sure appreciate its reply to this post.

Next time you're near a Verizon kiosk, get the same exact phone Alltel sold
you and look for the information you just got from me. Hell, I can't even
find the MENU on the new Z6tv Alltel is hawking from their side, the same
damned phone. It's a kluged up mess to sell Vcast.