Fido won't unlock the phone ?

Old July 24th 03, 05:41 PM
aaa

Default Fido won't unlock the phone ?

True.

"Vlad" wrote in message
Hello,

I've just ordered a Nokia 5100 through a phone upgrade program. I asked

if
I could get the phone unlocked for free since I am a long time customer

and
they said that is not possible and charge is 250 $ regardless of how long

am with Fido.

Is this true ?

Old July 24th 03, 07:13 PM
Phillis_c

Just get a cable from eBay and unlock yourself... or you can send to Omegacell
to let them fully unlock for you.

Phillis

Vlad wrote:

Hello,

I've just ordered a Nokia 5100 through a phone upgrade program. I asked if
I could get the phone unlocked for free since I am a long time customer and
they said that is not possible and charge is 250 $ regardless of how long I
am with Fido.

Is this true ?

Old July 25th 03, 07:08 AM
Edward S

C) no longer applies. Which means no unlock unless you are moving to the
US.

The SE T200 only has one lock, while the T300 has two. (Since I unlocked
both)

I don't think the locks were there to prevent you from roaming. Network
locked means you can use Fido or Simpro or any other Microcell SIM, while
Provider locked means you can only use Fido SIM.

"Joseph" wrote in message

Just found this in a FAQ on Howardforums. Don't know how absolute
this is, but here it is:

First :
here are the rules/conditions for unlocking FIDO phones:
There are 3 ways to have your handset unlocked for FREE from FIDO. The
conditions a

a) The client must have their handset activated for a minimum of ONE
year to receive a
FREE unlock code.

b) If the client is moving to the US, after 6 months of service Fido
will unlock the handset
free of charge. This requires the client to deactivate his/her account
to qualify. If service
is reinstated within 90 days of deactivation, a charge of $245 will be
appended to the
clients new account. This prevents customers from taking advantage of
the FREE unlock
system.

c) If the client has generated a minimum of $100 revenue per month for
a minimum of 6
months; or has 5 lines activated on their account for a minimum of 6
months, FIDO will
unlock their handset for FREE.

Second thing I have heard is that FIDO actually has locks 1 and 2
enabled.

Lock 1 is the provider lock (i.e. you can only use it with FIDO)
Lock 2 is the Network lock (i.e. you can only use it on FIDO/microcell
networks -- no roaming)

Replies are seldom read. Please reply in the group

Old July 25th 03, 07:10 AM
Edward S

I mean no unlock for free unless you're moving to the US.

Old November 30th 05, 01:24 AM posted to alt.cellular.fido

You can unlock your 5100 easily enough (and for free) with a little
searching for a key generator... the 5100 is old enough that I got mine
unlocked on the first try.

-BP

aaa wrote:
True.