WARNING:Android app store has MALWARE

Old January 11th 10, 03:39 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,alt.cellular.verizon
RUMOR: NO APPLES FOR VERIZON - APPLE KILLS DEAL

Default WARNING:Android app store has MALWARE

BREAKING NEWS

More bad press for Google today. Google apparently now has
fraudulent apps that attempt to steal bank information in the Android
app store.

From the alert: "NOTICE: Users of mobile devices with Android software
may have noticed several malicious applications available for download
in the Android Marketplace."

"Contact your mobile provider to evaluate whether any other
applications or information stored on your mobile device have been
compromised."

NO PROTECTION

Multiple marketplaces are possible in the dangerous open Android
ecosystem. Will we soon see the emergence of a Google marketplace
distinguished by an iPhone-like app vetting process?

Unshaven fandrodis may be angry at the Apple App Store for protecting
Apple's iPhone users and they want OPEN MARKET FREEDOM. Now look what
that Google open market freedom has cost them.

Malicious Apps In Android Market
from Slashdot: IT by kdawson
http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/10/...Android-Market

NEVER CATCH APPLE NOW

BTW the number of people tha develop apps for the iPhone and the Apple
iSlate could jump from 100,000 to over 1,000,000 in 2010 with new
easy tools from Adobe.

This Will Be The Year Adobe’s 2 Million Flash Developers Come To The
iPhone
from TechCrunch by Erick Schonfeld

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techc...3/Xi5arfEeMis/

Old January 11th 10, 04:40 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,alt.cellular.verizon
Pegleg[_4_]

RUMOR: NO APPLES FOR VERIZON - APPLE KILLS DEAL wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

More bad press for Google today. Google apparently now has
fraudulent apps that attempt to steal bank information in the Android
app store.

From the alert: "NOTICE: Users of mobile devices with Android software
may have noticed several malicious applications available for download
in the Android Marketplace."

"Contact your mobile provider to evaluate whether any other
applications or information stored on your mobile device have been
compromised."

Who is this raving lunatic?
Old January 11th 10, 05:39 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
The Ghost of General Lee

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:40:54 -0800, Pegleg
wrote:

Who is this raving lunatic?

A troll who should be in everyone's killfilters.
Old January 11th 10, 06:00 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,alt.cellular.verizon
Larry

"RUMOR: NO APPLES FOR VERIZON - APPLE KILLS DEAL"
wrote in news:e84e079f-5c2c-4fa8-8cd8-118e2d52a3b7
@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

NEVER CATCH APPLE NOW

Way too much coffee!

You are too funny. There are no fandroids! The rest of us aren't fanboiz
of any stupid phone.....like FruitFone boiz.

Old January 11th 10, 06:02 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
Larry

The Ghost of General Lee wrote in
:

wrote:

Who is this raving lunatic?

A troll who should be in everyone's killfilters.

Naw. Vic wants to be a news organization or work for a news organization.

He's trying to protect a dying idea whos time has passed. I suppose we've
all done it, but gotten over it.

Old January 11th 10, 08:13 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
The Ghost of General Lee

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:56:00 -0800, The Other Guy
wrote:

wrote:

Who is this raving lunatic?

A troll who should be in everyone's killfilters.

Unfortunately, like so MANY trolls, he refuses to use his email address
in his posts, but uses THAT field another subjectline.

Really? Because I NEVER see any of his original posts, only the
replies. I guess I'll have to start plonking anyone and everyone who
continually replies to him, too. Richard Ness has already made the
list..
Old January 11th 10, 09:05 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
Pegleg[_4_]

The Ghost of General Lee wrote:

Really? Because I NEVER see any of his original posts, only the
replies. I guess I'll have to start plonking anyone and everyone who
continually replies to him, too. Richard Ness has already made the
list..

Looks like "Michelle Steiner" needs to go in the kill file also!

Brian
Old January 11th 10, 10:32 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.t-mobile,alt.cellular.verizon
RUMOR: NO APPLES FOR VERIZON - APPLE KILLS DEAL

Default Android Banking Scam update WARNING:Android app store has MALWARE

On Jan 11, 10:39*am, "RUMOR: NO APPLES FOR VERIZON - APPLE KILLS DEAL"
wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

More bad press for Google today. *Google apparently now *has
fraudulent apps that attempt to steal bank information in the Android
app store.

Android Banking Scam App Shoots Phish In Google's Barrel [Android]
from Gizmodo by John Herrman

The crime: identity theft. The location: the Android Market. The
weapon: a free "banking" app. The lesson: you should be terrified at
all times, of all things, even if Google says you shouldn't be.

Downloading your bank's mobile app seemed like a surefire way to avoid
stumbling into a phishing scam. It was the prudent thing to do! Until
this week, when malicious software masquerading as an official First
Tech Credit Union banking app wormed its way into the Android Market.
Of course, when I say "wormed" I really mean "strode more or less
undisturbed," because that's what you do in the Android Market—
approvals take hours, not days, and the inspection process seems to be
cursory, at best.

This doesn't highlight a problem so much as a tradeoff: do you want
your primary app resource to be mostly unfiltered and non-exclusive,
so no company can tell you what you can or can't download, but where
you're possibly exposed to scam apps like this? Or do you need to be
held in the warm, protective breast of a multination corporation,
guarded by its app approval minions, who go over every app with a fine-
tooth comb?

Either way, its worth noting that this is only somewhat indicative of
a weakness in the Android Market concept, because it shouldn't have
happened—they theoretically screen for malicious apps. But it did, so
at the very least be more scared careful.

[First Tech Credit Union via AndroidGuys]