Philadelphia PA Area Data Options ?

Old March 21st 18, 02:08 PM posted to alt.cellular
(PeteCresswell)

Default Philadelphia PA Area Data Options ?

Philadelphia PA (USA) area.

Have been on tMob pre-paid for longer than I can remember.

But now I'm older than dirt and need a data option so that, if things
go South when I am on foot, I can summon Uber or Lyft.

The options that come to what's left of my mind:

1) Convert from pre-paid to a monthly tMobile account.
This seems to involve the least effort, but at the
highest cost long-term.

2) Stick with tMob pre-paid, get a phone with two SIMM cards,
and find a prepaid "Data-Only" card for the second card.
This would seem to be a lower-cost option than #1.

3) Get a minimal phone and dedicate it to a pre-paid data
card, leave it turned off until needed.
I do not care for this one because of the nuisance factor of
carrying two phones.

Can Greater Minds Than Mine come up with other options?

Long-term, it seems like #2 is the lower-cost option. ??

--
Pete Cresswell