Unlock T-Mobile Phone

Old March 20th 07, 05:58 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
Todd Allcock

Default Unlock T-Mobile Phone

At 20 Mar 2007 02:35:18 +0000 Sven Golly wrote:
The Real Bev wrote in
:

Somebody in the next town says he can unlock a T-Mobile Samsung T-319
for $20 if you walk in. Is this reasonable?

If I recall, you use a prepaid plan. If so, then a $20
unlock may be the ONLY way you can get your Sammy unlocked.

T-Mo will give out unlock codes for prepaids, as long as the account is
active, more than 90 days old, and has been refilled within 30 days.
Just call them and tell them you're going out of the country and need to
use an international SIM.

Old March 20th 07, 11:45 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
Newby

"Todd Allcock" wrote in message
At 20 Mar 2007 02:35:18 +0000 Sven Golly wrote:
The Real Bev wrote in
:

Somebody in the next town says he can unlock a T-Mobile Samsung T-319
for $20 if you walk in. Is this reasonable?

If I recall, you use a prepaid plan. If so, then a $20
unlock may be the ONLY way you can get your Sammy unlocked.

T-Mo will give out unlock codes for prepaids, as long as the account is
active, more than 90 days old, and has been refilled within 30 days.
Just call them and tell them you're going out of the country and need to
use an international SIM.

They provided the unlock code for my Samsung T-319 but said they had to
e-mail Motorola for the unlock code for my V195. Said there was no
guarantee that Motorola would provide the code.

I am waiting.

Old March 20th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
Michael Paris

I was surfing Motorola's website a few days ago, on one of their pages they
had a statement they will not provide nor unlock anyphone do to contracts
and agreements with mobile carriers. Now, if TMobile etal provides some
cover letter or permission, that maybe different by the time you get all
this togeather and to Motorola (any other brand for that matter) I'm sure
you will be pulling your hair out of your head. It would probably be easier
(OK more expensive) just to pay and have someone do it for you via the
numerous unlock providers which can be found via google or word of mouth.
Comes down to what it's worth to you.

Old March 21st 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
Newby

"Michael Paris" wrote in message
I was surfing Motorola's website a few days ago, on one of their pages

they
had a statement they will not provide nor unlock anyphone do to contracts
and agreements with mobile carriers. Now, if TMobile etal provides some
cover letter or permission, that maybe different by the time you get all
this togeather and to Motorola (any other brand for that matter) I'm sure
you will be pulling your hair out of your head. It would probably be

easier
(OK more expensive) just to pay and have someone do it for you via the
numerous unlock providers which can be found via google or word of mouth.
Comes down to what it's worth to you.

Thanks for the info.

In this case, T-Mobile said they would e-mail Motorola and ask for the
unlock code. Won't hurt me to wait a little while to see if they come
through.

Old March 21st 07, 05:47 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
Bill Radio

I have unlocked several of my phones for free. There are forums where other
users will work out the codes for you gratis. I was traveling out of the
country once and found a new "unlocked" phone I purchased was actually
locked and i forgot the forum's address. A Google search turned up a web
site that unlocks phones for $4.95. Also, there are unlockers on eBay who
charge $8.95. $20 is too much unless it's a last resort.

Of course it varies by model and manufacturer, but a Google search may
provide the answers you need. Nokia is by far the easiest GSM phone to
unlock.

-Bill Radio
-Cellular Reviews and News at:
http://www.mountainwireless.com

Old March 29th 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
The Real Bev

The Real Bev wrote:

Somebody in the next town says he can unlock a T-Mobile Samsung T-319
for $20 if you walk in. Is this reasonable?

If I recall, you use a prepaid plan. If so, then a $20
unlock may be the ONLY way you can get your Sammy unlocked.

T-Mo will give out unlock codes for prepaids, as long as the account is
active, more than 90 days old, and has been refilled within 30 days.
Just call them and tell them you're going out of the country and need to
use an international SIM.

Good to know -- I see no reason to quit T-Mobile, I just like to keep my
options open! The T-M store is a short walk away, very convenient.

--
Cheers, Bev
Old June 15th 11, 11:28 AM
johnpeter johnpeter is offline
Member

Yes Unlocking the Phone will allows you to use any GSM network,You can Unlock the Phone means you can use any GSM Network in the Phone,to Unlock it Get the Network Unlock code from Onlinegsmunlock you cannot use CDMA network in Unlocked Phone,CDMA network locked Phone cannot be Unlocked !!!!

Last edited by johnpeter : June 15th 11 at 11:30 AM.
Old June 24th 11, 11:30 AM
venmalathy venmalathy is offline

Thanks for Unlock code sharing johnpeter...