Unlock T-Mobile Phone

Old March 18th 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
PDA Man

Default Unlock T-Mobile Phone

Unlocking simply allows you to use another carries SIM. Your TMOBILE
performance will be completely unchanged.

"Newby" wrote in message

If I unlock my T-Mobile phone but continue to use the T-Mobile SIM that I
am
currently using will I continue to have access to t-zones, etc.? In other
words, will I notice any difference while using a T-Mobile SIM?

Thank you.

Old March 18th 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
evadnikufesin

Newby wrote:

If I unlock my T-Mobile phone but continue to use the T-Mobile SIM
that I am currently using will I continue to have access to t-zones,
etc.? In other words, will I notice any difference while using a
T-Mobile SIM?

Thank you.

Everything will work the same. All "unlocked" means is you could take
the phone to another GSM-compatible network, put that company's SIM in,
and make calls on that network. You wouldn't be able to use T-Zones if
you have a Sprint card in, of course, but you'd be able to make calls.

--
"My first thought was, he lied in every word,
That hoary cripple, with malicious eye

- Browning

Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old March 19th 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
Newby

"evadnikufesin" wrote in message
. ..
Newby wrote:

If I unlock my T-Mobile phone but continue to use the T-Mobile SIM
that I am currently using will I continue to have access to t-zones,
etc.? In other words, will I notice any difference while using a
T-Mobile SIM?

Thank you.

Everything will work the same. All "unlocked" means is you could take
the phone to another GSM-compatible network, put that company's SIM in,
and make calls on that network. You wouldn't be able to use T-Zones if
you have a Sprint card in, of course, but you'd be able to make calls.

[snipped]

Killing all posts from Google Groups

My thanks to you and PDA Man for your quick replies.

Old March 19th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
The Real Bev

PDA Man wrote:

Unlocking simply allows you to use another carries SIM. Your TMOBILE
performance will be completely unchanged.

Somebody in the next town says he can unlock a T-Mobile Samsung T-319 for
$20 if you walk in. Is this reasonable?

"Newby" wrote:

If I unlock my T-Mobile phone but continue to use the T-Mobile SIM that
I am currently using will I continue to have access to t-zones, etc.?
In other words, will I notice any difference while using a T-Mobile
SIM?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old March 19th 07, 01:40 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
evadnikufesin

The Real Bev wrote:

Somebody in the next town says he can unlock a T-Mobile Samsung T-319
for $20 if you walk in. Is this reasonable?

NO! If you've been a T-Mobile customer for more than 90 days most
stores will unlock your phone for you in the store. All you have to do
is tell them you're going to be travelling and might need to swap SIMs
out or some such thing.

Old March 19th 07, 07:37 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
www.experimentalist.mobi

"Newby" wrote in message

If I unlock my T-Mobile phone but continue to use the T-Mobile SIM that I
am
currently using will I continue to have access to t-zones, etc.? In other
words, will I notice any difference while using a T-Mobile SIM?

Thank you.

Yes no problem

--
www.experimentalist.co.uk/shop/index.php Global sim cards & Satellite
Phones.

Old March 20th 07, 12:44 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
Aaron

"evadnikufesin" wrote in message
. ..
and make calls on that network. You wouldn't be able to use T-Zones if
you have a Sprint card in, of course, but you'd be able to make calls.

Except that Sprint is a CDMA network and doesn't use SIM's...

Old March 20th 07, 02:26 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
evadnikufesin

Aaron wrote:

"evadnikufesin" wrote in
message . ..
and make calls on that network. You wouldn't be able to use
T-Zones if you have a Sprint card in, of course, but you'd be able
to make calls.

Except that Sprint is a CDMA network and doesn't use SIM's...

Yea I couldn't remember if they did or not. It was really meant as an
example - not a literal.

Old March 20th 07, 04:19 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.t-mobile
evadnikufesin

Sven Golly wrote:

The Real Bev wrote in
:

Somebody in the next town says he can unlock a T-Mobile Samsung
T-319 for $20 if you walk in. Is this reasonable?

If I recall, you use a prepaid plan. If so, then a $20
unlock may be the ONLY way you can get your Sammy unlocked.

OH... it's a prepaid phone? That's actually a very good point.