A cellular and mobile phone forum. CellBanter

Go Back   Home » CellBanter forum » General cell phone forums » GSM
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What info does a sim card contain?

Old April 4th 11, 12:46 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
marklodge
external usenet poster

Default What info does a sim card contain?

hi guys, i'm new here. and just wanting to know a few things thats been
puzzling me a bit. ( used the search function to check if there are any
related posts but found none that answers the following questions)

What info exactly does a sim card contain?
If i were to push up a 960mhz (or any other cell frequency) antenna, how
would i be able to communicate with it using a standard cellphone?

Basically i want to know what being a cellular service provider is all
about. i know about the astounding licence fees that they pay to set it
up etc etc, but i dont want to know all this. i just want to know how it
works, technically.

--
marklodge
Ads
Old April 4th 11, 10:10 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson
external usenet poster

marklodge wrote:

hi guys, i'm new here. and just wanting to know a few things thats been
puzzling me a bit. ( used the search function to check if there are any
related posts but found none that answers the following questions)

What info exactly does a sim card contain?

Google for the pdf file "3GPP 31.102".

Go to your phone's setup menu, and select the frequency band you
wish to use in the network settings. If the band isn't listed,
the phone can't operate on it.

Basically i want to know what being a cellular service provider is all
about. i know about the astounding licence fees that they pay to set it
up etc etc, but i dont want to know all this. i just want to know how it
works, technically.

It's going to be a baptism by fire for you. There's no easy way
into the technical stuff. It's complicated and it's precise.

John
Old April 4th 11, 10:36 PM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
John Henderson
external usenet poster

marklodge wrote:

You might find this a useful starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBTS

John
Old April 5th 11, 08:10 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
marklodge[_2_]
external usenet poster

John Henderson;488392 Wrote:
marklodge wrote:
-
If i were to push up a 960mhz (or any other cell frequency) antenna,
how
would i be able to communicate with it using a standard cellphone? -

You might find this a useful starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBTS

John

Thanks for that. that was interesting. I read it fully.
I wanted to know how the current gsm technology used tho

--
marklodge
Old June 27th 11, 03:15 AM
Banned

First recorded activity by CellBanter: Feb 2011
Send a message via ICQ to Cheagmalede

The net table control is the successor to the v1.x DataGrid, adding the ability to take advantage of specific capabilities of ASP.NET data source controls. Whereas the v1.x datagrid net required a page developer to write custom code to handle simple operations such as paging, sorting, editing or deleting data, the GridView control can automatically handle these operations provided its bound data table html source control supports these capabilities. The GridView also offers some functionality improvements over the DataGrid, such as the ability to define multiple primary key fields, and some UI customization improvements, such as new field types and templating options. It also exposes a new model for page developers to handle or cancel events.

In the preceding example, the GridView control reflected against the fields of the data records returned by SqlDataSource in order to dynamically generate the columns of the grid. You can data grid also specify explicit column fields to display by adding DataControlField objects to the GridView's Columns collection. This allows you to specify exactly which columns to display and their relative order. The following example demonstrates a collection of BoundField and CheckBoxField objects in the net grid collection. Other field types that can be assigned to this collection are ImageField, HyperLinkField, CommandField, ButtonField, and TemplateField.
Old June 27th 11, 03:15 AM
Banned

A scroll table tabletable row runs horizontally in a line across a table tabletable and is normally made up of several boxes with information rows table. When you draw a table tabletable on a piece of paper, you are creating columns and rows rowsrows. Each horizontal line of boxes is a different table tabletable row. Often, the row at the top of the web grid is used to create headers, which tell the reader what information can be found in the boxes below it, also known as the column. For example, the first three boxes in the first row of a table tabletable in a teacherís attendance book might read "Student's Name," "Present," and "Absent."

Table rows are commonly used in HTML to create tables and to format a web page. The HTML tag for a grid data is . Within each row, the tag must be added for each new box the user wants to create in that row. A new table row must be created to move down to the next line sorting table and start a set of boxes below the first. This example shows a table with three table rows and three table columns.
Old June 27th 11, 03:21 AM
Banned

A scroll table tabletable row runs horizontally in a line across a table tabletable and is normally made up of several boxes with information rows table. When you draw a table tabletable on a piece of paper, you are creating columns and rows rowsrows. Each horizontal line of boxes is a different table tabletable row. Often, the row at the top of the web grid is used to create headers, which tell the reader what information can be found in the boxes below it, also known as the column. For example, the first three boxes in the first row of a table tabletable in a teacherís attendance book might read "Student's Name," "Present," and "Absent."

Table rows are commonly used in HTML to create tables and to format a web page. The HTML tag for a grid data is . Within each row, the tag must be added for each new box the user wants to create in that row. A new table row must be created to move down to the next line sorting table and start a set of boxes below the first. This example shows a table with three table rows and three table columns.
Old June 27th 11, 03:23 AM
Banned

The net table control is the successor to the v1.x DataGrid, adding the ability to take advantage of specific capabilities of ASP.NET data source controls. Whereas the v1.x datagrid net required a page developer to write custom code to handle simple operations such as paging, sorting, editing or deleting data, the GridView control can automatically handle these operations provided its bound data table html source control supports these capabilities. The GridView also offers some functionality improvements over the DataGrid, such as the ability to define multiple primary key fields, and some UI customization improvements, such as new field types and templating options. It also exposes a new model for page developers to handle or cancel events.

In the preceding example, the GridView control reflected against the fields of the data records returned by SqlDataSource in order to dynamically generate the columns of the grid. You can data grid also specify explicit column fields to display by adding DataControlField objects to the GridView's Columns collection. This allows you to specify exactly which columns to display and their relative order. The following example demonstrates a collection of BoundField and CheckBoxField objects in the net grid collection. Other field types that can be assigned to this collection are ImageField, HyperLinkField, CommandField, ButtonField, and TemplateField.