GSM vs. CDMA

Old January 17th 11, 12:30 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
Robert A. Fink, M. D.

Default GSM vs. CDMA

With the iPhone now coming to Verizon, I am interested in the
differences between GSM (which is the technology used by AT&T) and
CDMA (used by Verizon). I have the option of staying with AT&T or
moving to an iPhone on Verizon (with no penalty).

Most of my cell phone use is in the USA, but occasionally, I travel to
Europe or the Pacific.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., FACS, P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street Suite 222
Berkeley, CA 94704-2636 USA
510-849-2555

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"
Old January 17th 11, 08:04 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
DevilsPGD[_3_]

In message "Robert A. Fink,
M. D." was claimed to have wrote:

With the iPhone now coming to Verizon, I am interested in the
differences between GSM (which is the technology used by AT&T) and
CDMA (used by Verizon). I have the option of staying with AT&T or
moving to an iPhone on Verizon (with no penalty).

Most of my cell phone use is in the USA, but occasionally, I travel to
Europe or the Pacific.

The first thing you'll probably want to consider is roaming. GSM
generally offers better roaming support although CDMA does have limited
international coverage.

If roaming is a deal-breaker then you'll probably find yourself without
much of a choice.
Old February 11th 11, 06:35 AM posted to alt.cellular.gsm
veni[_16_]

It is a nice sharing............

--
veni

CDMA or GSM? Jake[_2_] GSM 9 June 28th 08 10:47 AM
CDMA/GSM bob Sprint 0 June 1st 06 05:44 AM
What's better CDMA or GSM? Steve Cellular (general) 11 February 6th 04 06:01 PM
Combination CDMA/TDMA or CDMA/GSM phone? Diamond Dave Verizon 5 October 8th 03 04:53 PM
[Q]about GSM and CDMA Lawrence Wong GSM 9 July 19th 03 04:32 PM