Help, I'm Confused

Old June 3rd 04, 01:40 PM
z66

Default Help, I'm Confused

I was wondering if I can use my Sanyo 5300 as a modem for my PC. I have the
cable and the PC Link software, but can I use it without charge if I have
the Vision Premium Pack and get rid of my ISP?

This whole fee schedule has me totally confused and I can't find an answer
to this on the Sprint site.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old June 3rd 04, 01:48 PM
Røbert M.

In article ,
"z66" wrote:

I was wondering if I can use my Sanyo 5300 as a modem for my PC. I have the
cable and the PC Link software, but can I use it without charge if I have
the Vision Premium Pack and get rid of my ISP?

This whole fee schedule has me totally confused and I can't find an answer
to this on the Sprint site.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Officially it is against your Terms of Service.

"Unlimited PCS Vision plans/options are only available with phones or
PCS smart phones where the device is not being used as a modem in
connection with other equipment (e.g., computers, PDAs, etc.) through
use of connection kits or other phone-to-computer/PDA accessories, or
Bluetooth or other wireless technology. Sprint reserves the right to
deny or to terminate service without notice for any misuse. Sprint is
not responsible for any opinions, advice, statements, services
applications or other information provided by third parties and
accessible through PCS Vision wireless services."

Unofficially there is a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in place where if
you only use it a few hours a month (i.e. to check your mail) nobody has
run into a problem. Just don't try to replace adelphia with Vision, if
you "abuse" the service, SprintPCS is within their rights to discontinue
your Vision, and charge you a penny per K of data transferred, which
typically could be 10 Megs per hour, which equals $100.

So basically for what you ask, the answer is NO, you can't replace your
ISP with Vision, unless you do all your surfing on the cell phone.