Alltel sucks

Old February 7th 09, 04:16 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larry

Default Alltel sucks

Claude Sutton wrote in
:

I will say that the people I talked to were/are very capable. I was
dreading the call because last year the people I talked to did not
impress me at all until I got as far as the actual engineers or
software people. I did find them to be first rate.

Claude, did that number I emailed you....were they the people that helped
you?

Larry in Charleston.
Old February 8th 09, 04:10 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Claude Sutton

On 2009-02-07, Larry wrote:
Claude Sutton wrote in
:

I will say that the people I talked to were/are very capable. I was
dreading the call because last year the people I talked to did not
impress me at all until I got as far as the actual engineers or
software people. I did find them to be first rate.

Claude, did that number I emailed you....were they the people that helped
you?

Larry in Charleston.

No. That turned out to be someone's mailbox. All I got was an instruction to
leave a message.

I used the public 800 number.

CSSJR

--
If we do not wish to lose our freedom, we must learn to tolerate our
neighbor's right to freedom even though he might express that freedom

Old February 11th 09, 01:44 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Claude Sutton

On 2009-02-07, Larry wrote:
Claude Sutton wrote in
:

I will say that the people I talked to were/are very capable. I was
dreading the call because last year the people I talked to did not
impress me at all until I got as far as the actual engineers or
software people. I did find them to be first rate.

Claude, did that number I emailed you....were they the people that helped
you?

Larry in Charleston.

No. That turned out to be someone's mailbox. All I got was an instruction to
leave a message.

I used the public 800 number.

CSSJR

Hey guys, I need some help.

I replied to a poster Monday evening who wanted to know what to expect from
Verizon with a glowing description of how great it is.

I went to dinner right after that post and came back to my machine after dinner
and the connection was crap and has been ever since.

Since Monday night, I doubt that I have had a connection that lasted more than 5
minutes until this evening, which is another story I will get into in a minute.

I called tech support this evening and they asked me if I had looked at my
system to see if the PRL had been changed. I looked and sure enough, it had
not.

it is 40029 and it is supposed to be 40042 or 43.

OK, so far so good. Now we know why the connection went to crap. Or do we?

I have never learned how to, if there is a way, to read the vital statistics from
linux. The only way I know to read PRL and other stuff is to put the card in a
windoze machine, which I did before I called tech.

Now this is the problem. As you know, it always takes a half hour to go through
all of the hoops. The connection never missed a beat for the entire time it was
in the windoze machine.

When we hung up, I put the card back in my router which is also a KYO product
and immediately it started dropping connections again.

Now everything worked fine from February 2008 until the middle of last month,
but the question now is: Is there something in my machine causing the problem?

I bought the card, a KYO KPC 650 July 5, 2006. Everyone so far has said that
the card is all I need, that I do not need to buy a new card.

But the point is that when I think I am done with a problem, my mind wipes it
out and goes on to the next project. That is a real problem because it is hard
as hell to remember what I did other than put my card in a windows machine to
get it validated and then put it in my linux machine.

So my question is: Do I need a new card? And do I need to do something to
update my system?

This is a pain.

Help would be appreciated.

CSSJR