FAQ: Why Isn't my Voicemail Indicator On?

Old December 27th 05, 01:08 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular

Default FAQ: Why Isn't my Voicemail Indicator On?

Q: Why Isn't my Voicemail Indicator On?

A: If your phone is off-network (e.g., turned off) when a new voicemail is
registered, the voicemail indicator on your phone *won't* be set when your
phone goes on-network (e.g., is turned on). So if you want to be sure of
getting voicemail in a timely manner, check your voicemail when turning on
your phone, or when you've been out of coverage and get back into coverage.
(Verified as a problem by Cingular Tech Support on December 26, 2005. No
estimate of time to repair.)

--
Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
John Navas http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ
Old December 29th 05, 03:24 AM posted to alt.cellular.cingular

Default Why Isn't my Voicemail Indicator On?

"John Navas" wrote in message
Q: Why Isn't my Voicemail Indicator On?

A: If your phone is off-network (e.g., turned off) when a new voicemail is
registered, the voicemail indicator on your phone *won't* be set when your
phone goes on-network (e.g., is turned on). So if you want to be sure of
getting voicemail in a timely manner, check your voicemail when turning on
your phone, or when you've been out of coverage and get back into
coverage.
(Verified as a problem by Cingular Tech Support on December 26, 2005. No
estimate of time to repair.)

This also happens if your phone loses connection just because you live
in a weak signal area (as I do) when it drops off the network, if someone
calls, you do not know you have a voice mail. Of course you also do not
have any idea that you dropped out of contact unless you happened to look
at you phone while it had no signal. Very annoying indeed.

Bernard

Unable to divert all calls to Virgin voicemail, headache... snj UK mobile telecoms 6 July 27th 05 11:22 AM
Voicemail woes... ja Cingular 1 June 1st 05 04:58 AM
vodafone voicemail notification driving me nuts PeterW UK mobile telecoms 6 August 14th 04 07:33 AM
Join Us to Fix Voicemail Notification - A Group Effort - Everyone's Support Requested Tiger Voicestream GSM 24 February 26th 04 04:33 PM
Siemens A56 - Voicemail Notification Scoob Fido 4 November 2nd 03 06:32 PM