Android app required

Old January 6th 12, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Woody[_4_]

Default Android app required

My sparkling new Android phone has a built-in GPS.

Is there any app out there preferably free that will show me the GPS results rather than trying to use Google Maps or whatever?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old January 6th 12, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Andy Burns[_7_]

Woody wrote:

My sparkling new Android phone has a built-in GPS.
Is there any app out there preferably free that will show me the GPS
results

I use this one ...

https://market.android.com/details?i...sstatus2&hl=en

Old January 7th 12, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Bob Martin

in 652566 20120106 201521 "Woody" wrote:

My sparkling new Android phone has a built-in GPS.=20

Is there any app out there preferably free that will show me the GPS =
results rather than trying to use Google Maps or whatever?

Please don't post html.
Googling "android gps" gets 333,000 hits.
Old January 7th 12, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Andy Burns[_7_]

Bob Martin wrote:

Googling "android gps" gets 333,000 hits.

Hence asking for recommendations, rather than trying them all?

Old January 7th 12, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Woody[_4_]

wrote:

My sparkling new Android phone has a built-in GPS.=20

Is there any app out there preferably free that will show me
the GPS =
results rather than trying to use Google Maps or whatever?

Please don't post html.
Googling "android gps" gets 333,000 hits.

I don't - my responses are all plain text - so I don't know what
you are talking about....

Old January 7th 12, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Woody[_4_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Bob Martin wrote:

Googling "android gps" gets 333,000 hits.

Hence asking for recommendations, rather than trying them all?

Such simple common sense. Thanks Andy.

Old January 7th 12, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Alan[_7_]

In message , Woody
wrote

I don't - my responses are all plain text - so I don't know what
you are talking about....

The post was in both text and html.

--
Alan
Old January 7th 12, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Martin Nicholas[_5_]

How about GPStest, which I use:

https://market.android.com/details?i....gpstest&hl=en
Old January 7th 12, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Bob Eager[_2_]

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 20:15:21 +0000, Woody wrote:

My sparkling new Android phone has a built-in GPS.

Is there any app out there preferably free that will show me the GPS
results rather than trying to use Google Maps or whatever?

Actually, you *did* post HTML. This is what was below the signature
separator:

Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type
META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18702"
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=#ffffff
DIVFONT size=2 face=TahomaMy sparkling new Android phone has a built-
in GPS.
/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2 face=Tahoma/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2 face=TahomaIs there any app out there preferably free
that
will show me the GPS results rather than trying to use Google Maps or
whatever?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2 face=Tahoma/FONT /DIVFONT size=2 face=Tahoma
DIVBR-- BRWoody/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVharrogate three at ntlworld dot com/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old January 7th 12, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Whiskers

On 2012-01-07, Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:

Googling "android gps" gets 333,000 hits.

Hence asking for recommendations, rather than trying them all?

The Android Market 'only' returns 17,933 results for "gps" when I look
there using my smartphone.

I've used "GPS Status" and found it to be quite interesting and useful;
"GPS Test" looks interesting. I've noticed also that camera/photography
apps and compass and speedometer apps often show the GPS latitude and
logitude too (and some can indicate position using other grids as well,
such as the British Ordnance Survey, which is more useful sometimes).

Without knowing more details about what the OP is trying to do, it's
difficult to make useful suggestions.

--
-- Whiskers