Voicemail icon with O2

Old January 17th 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Harry

Default Voicemail icon with O2

For those who prefer the voicemail O_O icon on their mobile rather
than ringback or SMS see:-

http://www.o2.co.uk/services/messagi.../domorewith901
Old January 17th 07, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
cucumber

Harry wrote:
For those who prefer the voicemail O_O icon on their mobile rather
than ringback or SMS see:-

http://www.o2.co.uk/services/messagi.../domorewith901

The only annoying thing I found with the O2 network was the lack of
symbol notification.
I think they were waiting for me to switch networks before adding it!

Old January 17th 07, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
ACDeag

cucumber explained on 17/01/2007 :
Harry wrote:
For those who prefer the voicemail O_O icon on their mobile rather
than ringback or SMS see:-

http://www.o2.co.uk/services/messagi.../domorewith901

The only annoying thing I found with the O2 network was the lack of
symbol notification.
I think they were waiting for me to switch networks before adding it!

Only network left without it must be Three.

Old January 18th 07, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Quinten Uijldert

Harry wrote:

For those who prefer the voicemail O_O icon on their mobile rather
than ringback or SMS see:-

http://www.o2.co.uk/services/messagi.../domorewith901

Excellent find, thanks!

Q.

--
Smile, tomorrow will be worse

*** to reply, please use usenet [at] awooga [.] nl ***

Old January 18th 07, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Ivor Jones

"Harry" wrote in message

For those who prefer the voicemail O_O icon on their
mobile rather than ringback or SMS see:-

http://www.o2.co.uk/services/messagi.../domorewith901

Does this work for Tesco (which uses O2's network, but the VM code is
905).

Ivor

Old January 25th 07, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Sam

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:58:39 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Harry" wrote in message

For those who prefer the voicemail O_O icon on their
mobile rather than ringback or SMS see:-

http://www.o2.co.uk/services/messagi.../domorewith901

Does this work for Tesco (which uses O2's network, but the VM code is
905).

Ivor

Yes it does, just enabled my two Tesco SIM's and is working fine with
my ex-Orange Nokia's.

Also enabled the automatic date and time stamp notification at the end
of a message, saves pressing 8 all the time.

Thanks OP for the find.

Sam.
Old February 3rd 07, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
kph

On Jan 25, 1:04 pm, Sam wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:58:39 -0000, "Ivor Jones"

Does this work for Tesco (which usesO2'snetwork, but the VM code is
905).

Ivor

Yes it does, just enabled my two Tesco SIM's and is working fine with
my ex-Orange Nokia's.

Hi, could you tell me how to do this. I have just called my Tesco
voicemail service and there doesn't seem to be an option for this on
the menu (there is no option 5).

thanks.
Kurt

Old February 5th 07, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Sam

On 3 Feb 2007 05:57:52 -0800, "kph" wrote:

On Jan 25, 1:04 pm, Sam wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:58:39 -0000, "Ivor Jones"

Does this work for Tesco (which usesO2'snetwork, but the VM code is
905).

Ivor

Yes it does, just enabled my two Tesco SIM's and is working fine with
my ex-Orange Nokia's.

Hi, could you tell me how to do this. I have just called my Tesco
voicemail service and there doesn't seem to be an option for this on
the menu (there is no option 5).

Options 4, 1, 3, for the VM indicator.

HTH,

Sam.
Old February 7th 07, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
kph

On 5 Feb, 18:03, Sam wrote:

On 3 Feb 2007 05:57:52 -0800, "kph" wrote:
Hi, could you tell me how to do this. I have just called my Tesco
voicemail service and there doesn't seem to be an option for this on
the menu (there is no option 5).

Options 4, 1, 3, for the VM indicator.

HTH,

Sam.

Hi Sam,
that's weird... I just checked and there is no option 4-1 on my Tesco
voicemail menu.
There is an option 4, but pressing 1 gives "that press is not valid
here". The only option available on menu 4 is 3 which turns off the
menu you hear at the end of the message.

I also rang Tesco mobile CS and they said that their service does not
support the VM spool.. It also seems (from my Tesco mobile at least)
that you can no longer change the voicemail notification method. My
Tesco SIM card is a few years old so I'm wondering if the VM spool is
only availble on newer accounts?

Thanks for your reply,

Kurt

Old February 7th 07, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Sam

On 7 Feb 2007 13:36:30 -0800, "kph" wrote:

On 5 Feb, 18:03, Sam wrote:

Options 4, 1, 3, for the VM indicator.

HTH,

Sam.

Hi Sam,
that's weird... I just checked and there is no option 4-1 on my Tesco
voicemail menu.
There is an option 4, but pressing 1 gives "that press is not valid
here". The only option available on menu 4 is 3 which turns off the
menu you hear at the end of the message.

Very strange indeed.

I acquired my Tesco SIM's via the main website back in August 2006 and
they have always been on the standard tariff.

I did not set them up using 905 as I'm not into wasting credit, I
dialled my Tesco numbers using my o2 contract handset (inclusive
minutes) and waited for the voicemail greeting, as soon as I heard the
greeting I pressed * and then entered the pin.

I also rang Tesco mobile CS and they said that their service does not
support the VM spool.. It also seems (from my Tesco mobile at least)
that you can no longer change the voicemail notification method. My
Tesco SIM card is a few years old so I'm wondering if the VM spool is
only availble on newer accounts?

I've just checked the Tesco voicemail settings again via my o2 handset
and they are still present as well as option 4-2 for automatic date
and time stamp notification.

So maybe you are right or maybe it's a staggered rollout? I also
noticed that the mobile number is no longer quoted on both my o2
contract and Tesco PAYG default voicemail greeting.

Sam.

voicemail icon BruceR Motorola 1 December 5th 05 02:54 PM
'you've got voicemail' icon.. ~ray Motorola 0 November 10th 05 06:58 PM
Voicemail icon ian UK mobile telecoms 6 June 29th 05 09:27 AM
6230 - Voicemail Icon when playing music? KN4665 Nokia 4 July 23rd 04 02:15 PM
Voicemail Waiting Icon Won't Disappear - Nokia 5180i Don Enderton Verizon 5 October 30th 03 11:30 PM