Will nokia 2651 work in USA and in specific Cingular?

Old June 14th 05, 10:48 PM
Brendan via CellPhoneKB.com

Default Will nokia 2651 work in USA and in specific Cingular?

I am in South America and have a Nokia 2651. I want to know if it will work
for me back in the US on the cingular system. Someone told me it was triband
but the nokia website states that it is "900/1800 (FR,EFR,HR,AMR)."

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!!!
Brendan
Old June 16th 05, 04:25 AM

A search on Phonescoop.com & Nokia shows the 2651 as GSM 850/1900. The
2650 is the 900/1800 version. If you have the latter, then no, it will
not work in the US. The 2651 will work on the Cingular network provided
your provider has a roaming agreement or you use a Cingluar SIM card
(assuming phone is unlocked). I'm not aware of any US providers that
allow you to use a pre-paid SIM in any phone not sold as a pre-paid
phone. Hope it helps.

Old June 21st 14, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Brendan via CellPhoneKB.com View Post
I am in South America and have a Nokia 2651. I want to know if it will work
for me back in the US on the cingular system. Someone told me it was triband
but the nokia website states that it is "900/1800 (FR,EFR,HR,AMR)."

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!!!
Brendan
Ya sure your Nokia 2651 mobile will work with cingular sim in USA only if the phone is unlocked one .Else if the nokia phone is locked to some other network provider then you can't use it with cingular sim until you unlock it .You can easily unlock your phone using sites like ProUnlocking.com they are rendering unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost .You first check that whether the code is available for your country and network provider .If yes then pay for it and unlock your phone then freely use it with any GSM sim...