Android is Steamrolling the iPhone [ Many Consumers Ditching Droids For Verizon iPhone]

Old February 28th 11, 01:44 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
Larry Mobile

Default Android is Steamrolling the iPhone [ Many Consumers Ditching Droids For Verizon iPhone]

"Clavicus Vile" wrote in
:

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

Wrapped my hand around a VZW iPhone in one of their mall stores where the
signal is "less than stellar". Tried to call my cell...no go....my hand
was absorbing 850 Mhz, but less than it does 1900 on ATT.

Consumer's Reports was dead right. It still sucks.

Old February 28th 11, 02:17 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
Steve Sobol

In article ,
says...

"Clavicus Vile" wrote in
:

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

Wrapped my hand around a VZW iPhone in one of their mall stores where the
signal is "less than stellar". Tried to call my cell...no go....my hand
was absorbing 850 Mhz, but less than it does 1900 on ATT.

Had the phone been activated? My experience is that most of the phones
you can get your hands on, at a cell store or kiosk, aren't...

--
Steve Sobol - Programming/Web Dev/IT Support
Apple Valley, CA

Old February 28th 11, 03:08 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
KDT

On Feb 27, 7:44*pm, Larry Mobile wrote:
"Clavicus Vile" wrote :

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. *Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

So the "cult" is around 20% of all smart phone buyers in the U.S?

Old February 28th 11, 04:39 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
SMS

On 2/27/2011 5:17 PM, Steve Sobol wrote:
In ,
says...

"Clavicus wrote in
:

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

Wrapped my hand around a VZW iPhone in one of their mall stores where the
signal is "less than stellar". Tried to call my cell...no go....my hand
was absorbing 850 Mhz, but less than it does 1900 on ATT.

Had the phone been activated? My experience is that most of the phones
you can get your hands on, at a cell store or kiosk, aren't...

At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.
Old February 28th 11, 05:19 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
Steve Sobol

In article ,
says...

Had the phone been activated? My experience is that most of the phones
you can get your hands on, at a cell store or kiosk, aren't...

At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.

Ah. That would be a change from the way they did things when I was a VZW
customer.