Android is Steamrolling the iPhone [ Many Consumers Ditching Droids For Verizon iPhone]

Old February 28th 11, 01:44 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
Larry Mobile

Default Android is Steamrolling the iPhone [ Many Consumers Ditching Droids For Verizon iPhone]

"Clavicus Vile" wrote in
:

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

Wrapped my hand around a VZW iPhone in one of their mall stores where the
signal is "less than stellar". Tried to call my cell...no go....my hand
was absorbing 850 Mhz, but less than it does 1900 on ATT.

Consumer's Reports was dead right. It still sucks.

Old February 28th 11, 02:17 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
Steve Sobol

In article ,
says...

"Clavicus Vile" wrote in
:

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

Wrapped my hand around a VZW iPhone in one of their mall stores where the
signal is "less than stellar". Tried to call my cell...no go....my hand
was absorbing 850 Mhz, but less than it does 1900 on ATT.

Had the phone been activated? My experience is that most of the phones
you can get your hands on, at a cell store or kiosk, aren't...

--
Steve Sobol - Programming/Web Dev/IT Support
Apple Valley, CA

Old February 28th 11, 03:08 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
KDT

On Feb 27, 7:44*pm, Larry Mobile wrote:
"Clavicus Vile" wrote :

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. *Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

So the "cult" is around 20% of all smart phone buyers in the U.S?

Old February 28th 11, 04:39 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
SMS

On 2/27/2011 5:17 PM, Steve Sobol wrote:
In ,
says...

"Clavicus wrote in
:

"Google today in its fourth-quarter earnings call confirmed Andy
Rubin's statement in December that some 300,000 Android devices are
being activated every day. That's 9 million or so a month, folks."

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...roid-activatio
ns-day

iPhone is like Global Warming. Facts don't impress the cult believers in
either of them.

Wrapped my hand around a VZW iPhone in one of their mall stores where the
signal is "less than stellar". Tried to call my cell...no go....my hand
was absorbing 850 Mhz, but less than it does 1900 on ATT.

Had the phone been activated? My experience is that most of the phones
you can get your hands on, at a cell store or kiosk, aren't...

At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.
Old February 28th 11, 04:50 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon
Tim Murray[_2_]

SMS wrote:

At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.

So that means you can make calls??? That doesn't make sense.

Old February 28th 11, 05:06 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon
ed

On Feb 27, 7:50*pm, Tim Murray wrote:
SMS wrote:
At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.

So that means you can make calls??? That doesn't make sense.

most cell stores in socal have activated phones. kiosks and best buy
typically don't. having activated phones makes a lot more sense to me
than having non activated phones- why do you think it doesn't make
sense?
Old February 28th 11, 05:19 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon
Steve Sobol

In article ,
says...

Had the phone been activated? My experience is that most of the phones
you can get your hands on, at a cell store or kiosk, aren't...

At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.

Ah. That would be a change from the way they did things when I was a VZW
customer.

Old February 28th 11, 12:03 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon
SMS

On 2/27/2011 7:50 PM, Tim Murray wrote:
SMS wrote:

At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.

So that means you can make calls??? That doesn't make sense.

LOL. Why would you think that Verizon would worry about people making
calls? I suspect that they may have international calling disabled, but
U.S. calling doesn't cost them anything.

Old February 28th 11, 01:43 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon
Tim Murray[_2_]

SMS wrote:
At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.

So that means you can make calls??? That doesn't make sense.

most cell stores in socal have activated phones. kiosks and best buy
typically don't. having activated phones makes a lot more sense to me
than having non activated phones- why do you think it doesn't make
sense?

Because people could abuse it.

Old February 28th 11, 09:00 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.verizon
Richard B. Gilbert

On 2/27/2011 11:06 PM, ed wrote:
On Feb 27, 7:50 pm, Tim wrote:
SMS wrote:
At the Verizon store near me the display phones are all activated.

So that means you can make calls??? That doesn't make sense.

most cell stores in socal have activated phones. kiosks and best buy
typically don't. having activated phones makes a lot more sense to me
than having non activated phones- why do you think it doesn't make
sense?

I can see some sense in having demo phones activated. The customer can
actually call home/wife/husband/parent and get an idea of the sound
quality. The cost to VZW for a short call is extremely low and the
advantage to be gained is great.

Can a customer walk into an AT&T Store and do the same?