Android Developers Discover Solution to Android Game Piracy was

Old March 12th 10, 01:42 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon
AT&T USA's fastest 3G with iPhone and iPad

Default Android Developers Discover Solution to Android Game Piracy was

On Mar 12, 12:03*am, Todd Allcock wrote:
At 11 Mar 2010 09:54:53 -0800 SMS wrote:

AT&T USA's fastest 3G with iPhone and iPad wrote:

The "Doodle Jump" brothers have made well over a million dollars each
so far.

A fact of *life id no one has seen anything like this as an Android
developer!

I'm sure that's true, both for the present and the future. There will
be no million dollar payoff selling "Doodle Jump" or other such games,
to Android users, no matter how successful Android becomes. The target
market for Android is very different than the target market for the
iPhone.

I'm not so sure- while the Android market might have a more eclectic
appeal, I see a lot of overlap, particularly for those who, for whatever
reason, can't/won't use AT&T [non-US readers can substitute their
market's official iPhone operator(s.)] *Most the people I know with
Android phones chose them because they were the "iPhoney-est" handset
their operator offered- not specifically because they were Android.

Assuming Android eventually attains the tens of millions of users the
iPhone enjoys, I can certainly see a few Android app millionaires being
made. *Given the crowded "shelves" in the iTunes app store, I'd wager the
odds of creating a decent side-income as a mobile dev is beter with
Android right now than with the iPhone given the Android Market's "big
fish/small pond" economy. *Right now, the Apple app store is like the
Lotto- one guy in a million hits it really big, encouraging a bunch of
folks to take a shot, buy their $99 dev "tickets" but never hit! *The
150,000 apps and billion-plus downloads means, on average, a whole lot of
developers are each making a tiny bit of money. *

Android developers by the thousands have discovered the solution to
Android game piracy..."they simply develop a game no one wants."