Unlocking Siemens SX56

Old September 29th 05, 11:49 PM
oran johnson

Default Unlocking Siemens SX56

What is the best way to unlock this phone. I went to the XDA-DEVELOPERS site
and got the following prodecure;
1.. Create a backup of your entire device on SD-card using SD-backup (in
'Programs')
2.. Download XDAtools
3.. Use the included OSImageTool to copy from 'Device Memory (current
ROM)' to a file on your local disk
4.. Download and run the SpecialEditionROM executable
5.. Use OSImageTool from XDAtools again to copy from the file you created
above to 'Device memory (using Programme A')
6.. Cold boot
7.. Restore the SD-card backup
However, the following note indicates that my ROM might be to recent.

NOTE you can use OSImageTool only to manipulate Wallaby roms with version
numbers starting with 3 or 4. ( the pocketpc 2002 and 2003 roms. ) roms for
other devices, or the newer 'windows mobile 2003 second edition rom' for
Wallaby, are laid out differently, in a way that OSImageTool does not
understand.

DEVICE INFORMATION

ROM VERSION A.30.09 ENG
ROM DATE 01/01/04
RADIO VERSION A.33.02
PROTOCOL VERSION 1.3.3

Any Ideas?

Old August 25th 11, 10:49 AM
heebakutty heebakutty is offline

Originally Posted by oran johnson View Post
[...]

there are many ways to unlock a phone. you can unlock it using software or hardware or through codes. if you ask me the codes are the best way to unlock it. unlocking through codes is the best and simple way to unlock any phone. i got my phone unlocked through this method only. you can get the codes either from your service provider or from any other service providers. getting codes from your service provider can be got only if your phone is within 6 months of the contract period.. i got the codes from a third party Theunlockarena.com provider. they also provide codes even for older model phones.