Improving Nokia speaker phone sound quality

Old September 5th 05, 03:42 PM
dmitri

Default Improving Nokia speaker phone sound quality

Than you, Dave.

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Sound quality from Nokia speaker phones, in the 2 models I've had that
have
speaker phone mode, has been pretty weak.

After looking closely at the speaker opening in the side of the phone, I
decided to cut out the "grille" that covers that opening, hoping for a
little
improvement.

To do this properly meant, for me, to first disassemble the phone. I
wasn't
sure what was behind the grille and didn't want to damage the speaker or
other sensitive component.

I found disassembly instructions on-line for my 6200 that helped. Google
is
your friend.

What I found behind the outer cover was a small adhesive-attached screen
keep out the bugs?). Removing that I found another grille opening in the
inner case.

The thing that made all these grilles problematic is this: the inner
grille
consisted of 3 bars; the outer one of 2 bars. And wouldn't you know it?
They
aligned like this:
| | |
| |
Each covered the other's openings.

The bottom line is: I cut out all the bars and replaced the screen between
the inner case and the outer cover. The resulting volume is great. Very
loud.

YMMV.

Enjoy,

DaveC