I Want to unlock my Erisson myself! where do i get software? i have dongle!

Old November 24th 04, 03:14 AM
Muggz

Default I Want to unlock my Erisson myself! where do i get software? i have dongle!

i have just got a cheap cable off the net now i need software to
update firmware and unlock my phone onto all networks, all i keep
seeing is people offering to do it remotely but i wanna do it myself
as i have 6 erissons, p800, t68, k700, k700i . plus it will be good to
have for the future.
i heard there is a system that you need a password and username for
then you can unlock in realtime, any answers would be great thanks

ps: the inability to use mp3s as ringtones on k700 takes the ****!
cant wait till i can sort that myself, is that updated yet on
firmware?
Old November 24th 04, 10:29 AM
Richard Colton

"Muggz" wrote in message
om...
i have just got a cheap cable off the net now i need software to
update firmware and unlock my phone onto all networks, all i keep
seeing is people offering to do it remotely but i wanna do it myself
as i have 6 erissons, p800, t68, k700, k700i . plus it will be good to
have for the future.

Going to need a bit more information than that! What cable? Is it serial,
USB, DIV or Terminator? In addition, if it is DIV or Terminator you'll be
able to flash the P800 (with difficulty) and the T68, but you won't be able
to flash the K700's.

i heard there is a system that you need a password and username for
then you can unlock in realtime, any answers would be great thanks

Yes, there are plenty of people offering logging solutions where you pay a
set amount for each credit. One credit will allow you to either unlock the
phone or flash the firmware. Personally I've never liked logging solutions.

ps: the inability to use mp3s as ringtones on k700 takes the ****!
cant wait till i can sort that myself, is that updated yet on
firmware?

You can flash the firmware yourself using one of the loggers, which will
de-customise the phone and restore the ability to use MP3's as ringtones.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Old November 24th 04, 03:11 PM
pete devlin

In message , Muggz
writes
i have just got a cheap cable off the net now i need software to
update firmware and unlock my phone onto all networks, all i keep
seeing is people offering to do it remotely but i wanna do it myself
as i have 6 erissons, p800, t68, k700, k700i . plus it will be good to
have for the future.
i heard there is a system that you need a password and username for
then you can unlock in realtime, any answers would be great thanks

ps: the inability to use mp3s as ringtones on k700 takes the ****!
cant wait till i can sort that myself, is that updated yet on
firmware?

Google this group. I've explained it a couple of times. Flashing does
allow the use of MP3s.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.

Old November 25th 04, 11:25 AM
Tym

On 23 Nov 2004 18:14:13 -0800, (Muggz) wrote:

the inability to use mp3s as ringtones on k700

You can use them...
Old November 25th 04, 11:25 AM
Tym

Old November 25th 04, 12:24 PM
Richard Colton

"Tym" wrote in message
On 23 Nov 2004 18:14:13 -0800, (Muggz) wrote:

the inability to use mp3s as ringtones on k700

You can use them...

Not on Voda and Orange branded ones you can't.

Old November 25th 04, 01:29 PM
michael turner

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:25:41 +0000, Tym wrote:

On 23 Nov 2004 18:14:13 -0800, (Muggz) wrote:

the inability to use mp3s as ringtones on k700

You can use them...

Some SP branded SE phones have it disabled.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)