Is it me or is texting not reliable?

Old May 16th 15, 09:47 AM posted to alt.cellular.t-mobile,alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.data
tlvp[_2_]

Default Is it me or is texting not reliable?

On Sun, 10 May 2015 10:53:35 -0700, Ant wrote:

Others' and my contacts' textings seem to get lost (deliver/receiv)ed,
etc. on various platforms (iPhones, Windows, Androids, etc.). I noticed
even phones' textings directly aren't always reliable.

Quite true: some SMS just never get through; others get through, but with
horrendous delay (I've known up to 6 hours, but also just 15 minutes); many
do get right through, though, within seconds of having hit Send.

Makes SMS a less-than-foolproof 2-Factor authentication method :-) .

But whatcha gonna do? Cheers, -- tlvp
Old May 17th 15, 08:28 AM posted to alt.cellular.t-mobile,alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.data
Ant[_3_]

On 5/16/2015 12:47 AM, tlvp wrote:

Others' and my contacts' textings seem to get lost (deliver/receiv)ed,
etc. on various platforms (iPhones, Windows, Androids, etc.). I noticed
even phones' textings directly aren't always reliable.

Quite true: some SMS just never get through; others get through, but with
horrendous delay (I've known up to 6 hours, but also just 15 minutes); many
do get right through, though, within seconds of having hit Send.

Makes SMS a less-than-foolproof 2-Factor authentication method :-) .

But whatcha gonna do? Cheers, -- tlvp

That sucks. And they never return if they never make it through.
--
"Many ants kill a camel." --Turkish
| |o o| |

Is it me or is texting not reliable? Ant[_3_] Cellular (general) 1 May 11th 15 08:34 PM
Most reliable unlocking? Buddee Fido 2 October 28th 11 08:48 AM
Reliable sim reader jasee UK mobile telecoms 0 March 18th 10 01:48 PM
Reliable texting service Mr Apollo UK mobile telecoms 4 September 2nd 04 02:35 AM
mobilerepublic.co.uk- how reliable? Anon Ymous UK mobile telecoms 15 October 18th 03 05:25 PM