Bluetooth vs. WiFi

Old May 21st 11, 11:52 AM
jackkminiy jackkminiy is offline

Originally Posted by asmitaharitaa View Post
Hello guys,
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi there are similarities, but the main aim of the Wi-Fi connects to the Internet, where you can surf the web at a speed broadband. Wi-Fi stands for Wireless Fidelity and meets the IEEE 802.11b standard. Wi-Fi is much broader and can be connected to any ⠀ € œhot Spota, 300 meters. Wi-Fi growth since its introduction in 1998 has been overwhelming. Many companies are using Wi-Fi to attract customers to visit their shop and combine their laptops. Starbucks coffee shops are one of the most popular and free Wi-Fi to their customers. Because of security concerns, companies have been slower to provide Wi-Fi, but the security measures, more companies are leaving their LANA € ™ if the system includes Wi-Fi to their offices. The final test of success is to determine whether the average computer user to use the technology. Wi-Fi is definitely the standard for home networking solutions.

Many home users have begun to create home networks so they can surf the Internet from anywhere in their homes.
That's superb I really like your way of describing. And really wifi is better than blue-tooth.
Old December 16th 11, 06:02 AM
Sofia71 Sofia71 is offline

Originally Posted by Volkan YAZICI View Post
Hi,

I have been studying 802.15.1 and 802.11 standards for a research
project and considering the capabilities and potential of Bluetooth, I
just wonder why I don't see more ADSL routers and internet APs
equipped with 802.15.1. 802.11 communicates on fixed channels and
requires manual configuration to minimize the interference among WiFi
devices in the environment. OTOH, a series of Bluetooth APs can easily
maximize the utilization of ISM bandwidth without any user
intervention -- assuming the FHSS selection among devices is uniformly
distributed. (Don't need to mention that with v3.0, 802.15.1 is on par
with 802.11 in terms of range and transmission rate.) What's the
reason behind this dilemma? Even google'ing for "Bluetooth ADSL modem"
doesn't return anything useful. Am I missing something?

Regards.
i'm working on adding sharing support to my iPhone app. Right now, I'm using Bonjour to create plain TCP connections over a wifi network. This works great, except that it turns out that many wifi networks in the real world (for example, those at Starbucks and other chains) forbid Bonjour publishing and discovery over their networks.

So that limits the usefulness of sharing, since one of the use cases we imagined was that people could bump into each other where wifi was available and seamlessly share data with each other.

Is Bluetooth a viable alternative for this? We're sending large amounts of data (PNG images) over the wire, so latency and throughput might be one issue.

(I'm also interested in any other ways to make it easy to transfer data between two iPhone apps)
Old February 20th 13, 06:48 AM
leonjewell leonjewell is offline
Banned

When you configure a new Bluetooth device with your computer, you typically have to install a driver to make it work. Once you stop using a Bluetooth device, you can remove the required driver as long as it is not being used by any other Bluetooth devices you are still using.penny stocks