Printing via Bluetooth

Old October 16th 10, 10:42 PM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth
Anthony Buckland

Default Printing via Bluetooth

Apologies first, I'm a newbie both in this group and to
Bluetooth. I've been trying to print text messages
stored on my Samsung Advance (SGH-A885) phone,
via Bluetooth. I've successfully paired my phone with
my Sony VAIO desktop, and have got as far as making
a simple file transfer to the phone, so I know these guys
are really talking to each other. But if I select a text
message and try to Print via Bluetooth, the phone seems
to have forgotten that it was connected to the desktop,
and starts searching for a Bluetooth device -- then it
can't find one, despite seconds before displaying the
connection.

Doubtless I'm doing something naive, but can anyone
suggest what it is? Thanks. The printer, by the way,
is an HP 970Cse inkjet connected via a USB cable to
the desktop.

Old October 18th 10, 01:41 AM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth
John Henderson

Anthony Buckland wrote:

Apologies first, I'm a newbie both in this group and to
Bluetooth. I've been trying to print text messages
stored on my Samsung Advance (SGH-A885) phone,
via Bluetooth. I've successfully paired my phone with
my Sony VAIO desktop, and have got as far as making
a simple file transfer to the phone, so I know these guys
are really talking to each other. But if I select a text
message and try to Print via Bluetooth, the phone seems
to have forgotten that it was connected to the desktop,
and starts searching for a Bluetooth device -- then it
can't find one, despite seconds before displaying the
connection.

Doubtless I'm doing something naive, but can anyone
suggest what it is? Thanks. The printer, by the way,
is an HP 970Cse inkjet connected via a USB cable to
the desktop.

I'm no Bluetooth expert either. But I think your phone will
expect to see a device offering the Basic Printer Profile (BPP).

Your computer likely doesn't offer that, despite the possibility
of its having printers attached.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

John
Old October 19th 10, 05:02 AM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth
Anthony Buckland

"John Henderson" wrote in message
Anthony Buckland wrote:

[...]

Thanks, that's helpful, I'll follow up on it.

Old December 13th 10, 07:40 AM
ljasmin65 ljasmin65 is offline

I have the BB Curve 8330 (my 3rd payment) and I try to print directly from my BB to the printer via Bluetooth. Now he was in the store and took a job as an HP MFP. Then I took the laptop IP100 Canon, but I have a Bluetooth adapter. Canon, but does not support direct printing, with HP. So I came back truly portable HP H470, but the wi-fi version (could not get a bluetooth easily) and tried to set a Bluetooth adapter, but can not get it to print. Any suggestions?
Old February 20th 13, 05:58 AM
leonjewell leonjewell is offline
Banned

Printing pictures or files from an iPhone using Bluetooth is possible with certain apps downloaded to the phone.penny stocks

Bluetooth printing from Dell Axim to Canon iP90 JJ Bluetooth 0 August 7th 06 08:09 PM
Nokia 6600: Bluetooth Printing (BPP) Problem Reghunath Nokia 0 July 13th 05 07:52 AM
Bluetooth Printing from BB 7250 [email protected] Verizon 0 May 25th 05 01:44 PM
Bluetooth printing zippox Bluetooth 0 March 2nd 05 12:02 AM
Printing using bluetooth porcupine Bluetooth 3 June 24th 03 04:48 PM