Data calls dropping? Solution!

Old June 5th 09, 06:43 PM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Larry

Default Data calls dropping? Solution!

Mr. Smith wrote in
:

Well, it's going to be better to self serve than call in and speak to
a rep. You want to pay? Use the automated system or the Website. In
fact, for most things that people call in for, they could be using
self serve options but don't. This is the time to learn to do so, to
reduce everyone else's hold time, save yourself frustation in long
waits, and especially because everybody will learn that Verizon
Wireless is HUGE into pushing people into Self Serve. Their webiste
is tremendous.

No, it's better to go stand DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF a live Verizon rep, so you
can't be ignored. Calling any sellphone company is counterproductive as
you can simply be ignored. Standing in punching range, it's not a good
idea to just tell you to **** off.

Things get done when you CONFRONT them DIRECTLY.....

It's the only way....

Tell your Verizon boss we're all just thrilled to death the Borg have
sucked up our sellphone company. We came from there, long ago, and just
can't wait to come back to such a wonderful, caring company, The Borg.

Feel free to quote me......(c;]

--
-----
Larry

Pressing any button is like telling YOURSELF to **** off!
Old June 7th 09, 05:33 AM posted to alt.cellular.alltel
Mr. Smith

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:43:12 +0000, Larry wrote:

Mr. Smith wrote in
:

[...]

You don't get it Larry. The change you and others are complaining
about have NOTHING to do with Verizon Wireless. If those customers go
stand in a Verizon Wireless store they will get nowhere as they are
NOT Verizon Wireless customers and NOT in the Verizon Wireless billing
system so those reps can't see or touch those accounts.

Old December 4th 09, 07:52 AM
itoolkit09 itoolkit09 is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 07:32:14 +0000, Larry wrote:

Alan Hoyle
wrote in news:78kpg1F1mheroU1
@mid.individual.net:

On the morning of the 29th, I was unable to make any phone calls prior
to running that update. After the update, I couldn't make any data
calls and had to call up their technical support to fix it. After
speaking to a tech and leaving my phone off for an hour, everything is
working again.

You've been assimilated into Verizon. The PRL no longer contains primary
Alltel, I'd bet. They've shut down the Alltel system in the Triangle as
part of the assimilation by the Borg. Verizon is keeping some systems, the
profitable ones of course, and selling off other parts of the company,
probably the rural parts they've never wanted to support that makes less
money per square mile. Obviously, the Triangle is high on the list to
keep. There has been no such messages in Charleston and Eastern SC, so
far. We're still on Alltel.

If you search your phone's data, you'll find you're on a Verizon PRL using
one of their PIDs, now. My condolences....We're all waiting for the other
shoe to drop on us. Losing unlimited data to the measily 5GB/mo will hurt
me most until my NC/SC regional Alltel plan ($39) contract runs out and the
Borg try to force me onto a nationwide Verizon plan with almost no
minutes.... I use my phone as a BT DUN modem more than as a phone. Skype
is the phone on a Nokia N800 Linux tablet.

By the way, thank you for the Opera hotlist to HTML software. Your name
flashed a neuron somewhere in my old head as I'd seen it before. Welcome
to alt.cellular groups. (I cheated and used Google. At 63 memory has a
lot of dead cells in my flash.)

Again, Larry, you have NO idea what you are talking about. This
change is effecting most people in the southern markets. It is a
change to the MIN that needs to be done in the Switch. They are doing
it in groups.

There was some problems, I'll admit, and they backed off a lot of the
changes, but they will be ongoing now in groups instead of a massive
group.

This has really driven up call volume. Combine that with the fact
that a lot of the Heritage Alltel centers are undergoing training for
Verizon systems over the next few months.....

Well, it's going to be better to self serve than call in and speak to
a rep. You want to pay? Use the automated system or the Website. In
fact, for most things that people call in for, they could be using
self serve options but don't. This is the time to learn to do so, to
reduce everyone else's hold time, save yourself frustation in long
waits, and especially because everybody will learn that Verizon
Wireless is HUGE into pushing people into Self Serve. Their webiste
is tremendous.
Precisely. Setting up your networking protocols on your computer is
not related to your cellular service and your cellular company should
not be expected to know how to tell YOU how to do so.
Old May 25th 11, 10:52 PM
venmalathy venmalathy is offline

I faced the similar problem,but i got the Solution here...............
Old August 2nd 11, 10:23 AM
mr shahzaib mr shahzaib is offline

Now I'm sure you have come across a billion reviews of Big Commerce out there.

Three dropping calls? Phil Brooks UK mobile telecoms 7 August 9th 06 10:40 AM
V600 dropping calls pjam UK mobile telecoms 12 August 27th 04 10:37 AM
Dropping calls Grendel Sprint 9 May 30th 04 11:04 AM
Dropping calls Grendel Sprint 0 May 29th 04 11:05 PM
a530 dropping calls Kyle Page Verizon 1 August 19th 03 05:03 PM