v400, no voicemail indicator

Old May 2nd 04, 05:01 PM
Agelmar

Default v400, no voicemail indicator

I bought my v400 from Cingular, and then I switched to T-Mobile. I love
everything except one thing - when I get a new voicemail now, I get a SMS
from "Voicemail" (123) saying
"You have 1 new voicemail. Dual "123" to retrieve
11:40am 5/2/04"

The voicemail indicator doesn't turn on, rather I get a text message... I'm
assuming this is some sort of configuration problem. I'd rather not flex the
phone (I paid $300, and I'm no longer with Cingular so I doubt they'd be
willing to help me out if something goes wrong). Does anyone know what might
be the problem? Here's my setup, currently:

In my phonebook, I have an entry "Voicemail" with 8056377243 as the phone
number, stored as speed #1 (phone). I have another "Voicemail" entry with
phone number 123 with speed #1001 (stored to SIM card). The text messages
come from 123 by the way. In the quick dial, I have "Quick Dial 1" set to
123.

Thanks in advance.

Old May 3rd 04, 04:34 AM
John S.

You don't need a phone book entry for your vm unless you hate dialing
*123. The reason that's able to work is because your card already has
the VM system number programmed on it.

I just press 1 followed by talk and my Nokia does the rest.

--
John S.