Pairing LG VX8600 and Belkin BlueTooth USB Adapter

Old February 13th 07, 04:46 PM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth
HugeBob

Default Pairing LG VX8600 and Belkin BlueTooth USB Adapter

Hi All,

I have an LG VX8600 that I'd like to pair with my notebook. I bought
a Belkin BlueTooth USB Adapter and tried to pair the two last night.
The phone sees the notebook and asks for a password. The
documentation says to provide "0000" or "1234". But, none of that
works. The pairing always fails. Obviously I'm missing something.
But, I don't know what. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Old February 13th 07, 08:19 PM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth
Diceman

"HugeBob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I have an LG VX8600 that I'd like to pair with my notebook. I bought
a Belkin BlueTooth USB Adapter and tried to pair the two last night.
The phone sees the notebook and asks for a password. The
documentation says to provide "0000" or "1234". But, none of that
works. The pairing always fails. Obviously I'm missing something.
But, I don't know what. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I haven't used bluetooth device with my PC but found some info.
When you paired the devices did you enter a code (passkey) in the PC
process?
If so perhaps that's what you need to supply to the request you are
receiving.

"Bluetooth devices generate a secure connection by means of the initial
pairing process. During this process one or both devices need a PIN code to
be entered, which is used by internal algorithms to generate a secure key,
which is then used to authenticate the devices whenever they connect in the
future.

A common task that involves Bluetooth security for most users is the
"pairing" of devices. By default Bluetooth communication is not
authenticated, and thus almost any device can freely connect to another.
However, to access a particular service such as a dial-up account, a voice
gateway, or to do a file transfer, some sort of authentication is usually
required. The process of authentication is usually done during the pairing
process by entering identical PIN codes (passkeys) on both devices.

Once users have entered their correct PIN codes, both devices will generate
a link key, which can be stored in the device's memory and will allow it to
skip the authentication and authorisation process every time it attempts to
communicate with the other paired device in the future. "

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1830
http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/Learn/Security/

Old February 13th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth
HugeBob

On Feb 13, 2:19 pm, "Diceman" wrote:
"HugeBob" wrote in message

oups.com... Hi All,

[...]

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus...earn/Security/

So, are you saying that both devices should ask for this pass key?
When perform a search for devices on my phone, it finds the notebook
then asks for a pass key. Nothing pops up on my notebook asking for a
pass key, however. When I search for devices from the notebook, it
doesn't find the phone. Which, from reading the linked security page,
it sounds like the phone is in undiscoverable mode. But, these links
were very helpful as they give me some things to try tonight.

Thanks.

Old February 20th 13, 06:54 AM
leonjewell leonjewell is offline
Banned

While most laptops these days come with Bluetooth built-in, select laptop models as well as many desktops do not. This issue can be remedied by the use of a USB Bluetooth adapter. Setup and use of these devices is easy and can be completed by even the most novice computer user.penny stocks
Old April 19th 17, 08:42 PM
vasia vasia is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by HugeBob View Post