Voicemail icon

Old June 27th 05, 10:42 PM
ian

Default Voicemail icon

Hi,

I seem to remember that there were only 2 networks who adhered to a standard
whereby you got the proper voicemail notification icon. One was Orange, and
I seem to remember the other was Vodafone.

Is this (still) the case?

Ta

Ian

Old June 27th 05, 10:59 PM
Bill

"ian" wrote in message
Hi,

I seem to remember that there were only 2 networks who adhered to a
standard
whereby you got the proper voicemail notification icon. One was Orange,
and
I seem to remember the other was Vodafone.

Orange and T-Mobile (the PCN networks) since they started.

Old June 28th 05, 09:12 AM
Ray Martin

"Bill" wrote in message
"ian" wrote in message
Hi,

I seem to remember that there were only 2 networks who adhered to a
standard
whereby you got the proper voicemail notification icon. One was Orange,
and
I seem to remember the other was Vodafone.

Orange and T-Mobile (the PCN networks) since they started.

Vodafone also use voicemail icons.

Ray Martin

Old June 28th 05, 10:53 AM
Marc

Ray Martin wrote:
Vodafone also use voicemail icons.

Do they? How would I enable this? I get a text message, I've never found
a way to turn this on.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Old June 28th 05, 11:04 AM
Ray Martin

"Marc" wrote in message
Ray Martin wrote:
Vodafone also use voicemail icons.

Do they? How would I enable this? I get a text message, I've never found a
way to turn this on.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

You don't have to enable it, it's sent out by the network. You may not have
seen it as it only started within the last couple of months. On my k700i it
looks like a little tape spool...

Ray Martin

Old June 28th 05, 12:10 PM
dcuk

You have to register at https://www.vodafone.net/ though I think.
Old June 29th 05, 10:27 AM

You have to register at https://www.vodafone.net/ though I think.

That's correct. And they still send you a standard text as well as
setting the spool icon -- which makes the whole thing seem somewhat
pointless.