Unlocking an AT&T T68i

Old January 10th 04, 06:27 AM
Ruckman

Default Unlocking an AT&T T68i

Well, I was JUST about to post my T68i on Ebay when I noticed all the
ones posted on there stating they were "UNLOCKED" Well, long story
short, I looked into this not knowing what that meant, entered some
crazy codes and see (as far as I can tell) that my "network" is indeed
locked. Here's my question: Should I call ATT and ask them to unlock
it OR not even waste my time with them & just go ahead and order a
cable/program to do it myself asap?

Also a big side note: This phone sometimes says "AT&T" and then
sometimes says "T Mobile" Is that any good news or normal? That seems
to tell me it would work on the TM network too.

Just FYI again too, under SIM LOCK, ALL but "Network" is unlocked.
Also they all have the number "1" next to them.

Any help ASAP on this is appreciated! Also, if @ all possible, cc: my
email:

thx, Scott
Old January 10th 04, 01:15 PM
Marka2k

ATT will not unlock phones, never have never will. I would send the phone
off to be unlocked that way if something goes wrong they are responsible for
it. ATT has roaming agreements with Tmobile the phone is still locked to ATT
and will not operate normally with a Tmobile SIM.

om...

Old January 10th 04, 03:42 PM
netvigator

I have a T68i. I called Tmobile last year to ask for the unlock code.
Basically I told them that I will be travelling outside of United States and
I need to unlock it.
It's a tri-band. It doesn't matter whether it's Tmobile or ATT or any other
carriers in Europe or Asia as long as the carrier supports GSM.

om...

Old April 16th 12, 01:43 PM
nanbane nanbane is offline

Do not worry using the codes you can unlock your mobile because its safe for your mobile......
Get the unlock code for your sony ericsson mobile from this site http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com...icsson/rs1wp8/ , here it gives the easy methods to get the mobile unlocked........