Voicemail message icon won't go away!

Old March 27th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
Richard Fangnail

Default Voicemail message icon won't go away!

I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??

Thanks

Old March 27th 07, 12:31 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
Copper Emeritus

Pull the battery out while the phone is on, wait about a minute and put it
back in. Should be gone then.

--
Copper Emeritus

Golf is not a matter of Life or Death,
it is MUCH more important than that!

NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.

oups.com...

Old March 27th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
Richard Fangnail

On Mar 26, 3:31 pm, "Copper Emeritus" wrote:
Pull the battery out while the phone is on, wait about a minute and put it
back in. Should be gone then.

--
Copper Emeritus

Wouldn't that erase all the numbers I have stored in there??
Thanks anyway.

Old March 27th 07, 01:12 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
Copper Emeritus

Nope. Your numbers are in your SIM card or in your phone memory. Pulling the
battery will have no effect. As a matter of fact, "They" recommend that you
re-boot your phone like this every month or two for some updates of some
sort. I do it with my families phones about once a month or when I can
remember. No bad experiences from doing it.

Old March 27th 07, 02:52 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
cledus

Richard Fangnail wrote:
I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??

Thanks

I had this happen to me a long time ago. I called my cell phone number
from a land line and left a voice mail. After it alerted me that I had
a new VM message, I retrieved the message using my cell phone. This
cleared it up.
Old March 27th 07, 06:37 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
John Navas

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:52:39 -0500, cledus wrote in
:

Richard Fangnail wrote:
I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??

Thanks

I had this happen to me a long time ago. I called my cell phone number
from a land line and left a voice mail. After it alerted me that I had
a new VM message, I retrieved the message using my cell phone. This
cleared it up.

That's the best method.

--
Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
John Navas http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ
Old March 27th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
Richard Fangnail

I tried everything suggested here to no avail. Last night I called
Cingular at 6pm and they said they would fix it, but nothing
happened. Of course I turned the phone off and on. The same thing
happened around 7pm.

At 8pm I called and this time I was on hold for 5 minutes but they
said something was wrong with voicemail in N. Calif. and to wait till
this morning. I did, and it's okay now.

Old March 27th 07, 08:11 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
Copper Emeritus

Over the years I have noticed that problems crop up with voice mail, on
line manager, or other stuff. Even though they are a "communications"
company, Cingular does not do a very good job of notifying its customers of
the problem, whether it is local or nation wide. This could be accomplished
by a news flas on the website, or a text to affected area code phones. I
guess they don't mind hundreds of thousands of customers calling about a
problem and tying up their 611 centers.

Sometimes the best (only) solution is to just wait.

Old March 27th 07, 10:59 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
Kurt

In article ,
"Copper Emeritus" wrote:

Over the years I have noticed that problems crop up with voice mail, on
line manager, or other stuff. Even though they are a "communications"
company, Cingular does not do a very good job of notifying its customers of
the problem, whether it is local or nation wide. This could be accomplished
by a news flas on the website, or a text to affected area code phones. I
guess they don't mind hundreds of thousands of customers calling about a
problem and tying up their 611 centers.

Sometimes the best (only) solution is to just wait.

More than a few ISPs do the same thing. In the bigger companies where
things move slowly, the best and the brightest are often afraid to
implement these sorts of things due to management and legal concerns.

Web.com had a major system-wide outage for almost 2 days for hosting
customers early last month and nothing was ever mentioned on their
support site. You had to phone to find out all their servers were down.

Old March 28th 07, 01:04 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular
3Gfreak

On Mar 26, 5:18 pm, "Richard Fangnail"
wrote:
I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??

Thanks

Simple Fix:

Call you cell phone and leave yourself another message. Then call your
voicemail with your cell phone and retrieve the messages as normal,
Press 7 to delete each message. Once you are done be sure to use the *
key to exit your voice mail. Once it disconnects watch the display and
the message waiting indicator will clear itself.

Hope this helps.
3GFreak
www.mobilevertigo.com
Feel free to post whatever you like. Open to everyone.

Voicemail icon with O2 Harry UK mobile telecoms 16 February 13th 07 02:43 AM
voicemail icon BruceR Motorola 1 December 5th 05 03:54 PM
'you've got voicemail' icon.. ~ray Motorola 0 November 10th 05 07:58 PM
Voicemail icon / function on Nokia ? Martin² UK mobile telecoms 12 September 21st 05 02:30 AM
Voicemail icon ian UK mobile telecoms 6 June 29th 05 10:27 AM